• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    The price seems to change almost daily. On Sunday, I bookmarked this and it was $19...went back to order on Tuesday and it went to $20.95...now you say $25. That's what I hate about the third party vendors on Amazon...I think they track the traffic to their listings and then raise prices as numbers go up followed by lowering prices when the number of hits go down.

I believe that’s called supply and demand :)
    Texas SOT

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    The price seems to change almost daily. On Sunday, I bookmarked this and it was $19...went back to order on Tuesday and it went to $20.95...now you say $25. That's what I hate about the third party vendors on Amazon...I think they track the traffic to their listings and then raise prices as numbers go up followed by lowering prices when the number of hits go down.

There's an add on to your browser you can get that will check the price history on items on Amazon, let you know if you're getting the best deal, and even alert you when the price of an item drops by a certain percentage or more.

I'm sure it tracks all sorts of other things you do to so I have a separate browser I use for Amazon with the add on installed. That way it doesn't track anything else I do.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    I don't do it with Amazon (I think I may from now on) but I learned a long time ago to do my price checking for rental trucks, airfares, hotels, etc. with another browser than the one I intended to book with. I also just jot down the prices, close the browser, clear the cache and then run CC Cleaner to delete all footprints before I log on again. If you don't do this, many times the price will go up the next time you log on and all they are really doing is taking advantage of the fact that you shopped around and then came back to them. Don't get me wrong, if they can make a buck off that strategy that's fine with me; its just up to me to stay one step ahead if I want to save that buck.

My latest thing is to do my comparison with the Tor browser so I don't have to worry about them collecting tracking data.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    There's an add on to your browser you can get that will check the price history on items on Amazon, let you know if you're getting the best deal, and even alert you when the price of an item drops by a certain percentage or more.

I'm sure it tracks all sorts of other things you do to so I have a separate browser I use for Amazon with the add on installed. That way it doesn't track anything else I do.

WikiBuy and Honey add-ons do this, perhaps there are others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom