• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sharky47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    "After we get rid of the obamanation and his sack of pelosi"

WRONG.

You can thank Reagan, Bush 1, Clinton, and Bush 2 for the overwhelming majority of import restrictions of firearms.

sharky47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Sporting arms clause, which gave birth to the section 922(r) stuff.

Then there was the further restriction on importing military gear - which hit the military vehicle collectors just as hard - this is what I think will prevent the Korean Garands from coming in. (I think this one happened during the Clinton years IIRC)

Then there was the 1994 crime bill that hurt for 10 years and went away (for now).

Then there was the explosion in government size and invasiveness during the Bush regime with all the homeland stupidity stuff and ITAR, etc.....

And there is more - that's just off the top of my head.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    I would suspect that these Garands and Carbines will not be in very good condition, plus they'll almost surely have import marks on them, further degrading their value. Go with the CMP if you want a real collector, and they'll likely still be cheaper, too.

sharky47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    *IF* there were to be brought in, it would be nice to have a nice big batch of inexpensive shooter grade Garands. I am not interested in an expensive historic piece, Garands just aren't my thing - BUT, if I could buy a good shooter for say, less than $400 - I'd be on that like white on rice!

wrtanker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2009
    Ft. Worth
    "*IF* there were to be brought in, it would be nice to have a nice big batch of inexpensive shooter grade Garands. I am not interested in an expensive historic piece, Garands just aren't my thing - BUT, if I could buy a good shooter for say, less than $400 - I'd be on that like white on rice!"

+1! I'm not a collector I'm a shooter. I just want a Garand for my own entertainment and pleasure because it's such an awesome rifle!

Top Bottom