• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lame Bear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Texas Gulf Coast
    I heard the end of a conversation at the range Wednesday that attracted my curiosity. It concerned S & W 15/22. The only thing I heard was " If you're going to buy a 15/22, go ahead , and spend the extra money, and buy the Performance Center model. You will be glad you did." Can someone explain the difference between the Basic & the Performance Center model?
    Guns International

9x19

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    No, you're right... I didn't mean they offered the same things the Performance Center does, just that they offer other options for customizing.

The barrel has the ejector attached, which is probably what keeps the after-market folks at bay. But honestly, given the polymer receiver, I wouldn't want a significantly heavier barrel... better chamber, different twist, tighter tolerances on the bore... those would be nice options to have though.

Since it uses a standard AR trigger and hammer, a better trigger isn't hard to find. I recently saw one report of the factory PC "match" hammer breaking, and Rock River says the 15-22 action is too "violent" for their two-stage setup.

Top Bottom