• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rifleman55

Jul 17, 2008
    Thinking about getting one wanting to see if anybody around here has one and what they think of it.
    I have handeled one but not fired one. They are a big heavy handful. Unless you are going to hunt with it , I don't think that it would be a lot of fun to shoot, I know that you can shoot 45 Colt in it, but it is still a hand cannon. I think that you should shoot one before you buy it. I still remember how many 44mags were sold that had only a round or two fired before they were traded or sold, after the Dirty Harry movies came out. A 44 is a pipsqueak next to the 460.

dee

Well-Known
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    recoil doen't bother have a .41 mag and shoot my dads 4" .44 mag often so thats not to much of a concern. Kinda wondering if anyone has taken any game with one and what does the recoil compare to with the compensator on it.

esw2005

Jan 31, 2009
    Thinking about getting one wanting to see if anybody around here has one and what they think of it.

I have had my S&W 460(10 inch barrel) for a year now and I love it. I bought it because I could, not because I needed it. I have not hunted with it yet but I have shot about 400 rounds through it and absolutley love it. It is a great fun gun to tinker around with(bit expensive). It is a cannon but man is it fun to shoot!!!

dee

Well-Known
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    Thats why I'm thinking about one but I would probaly hunt with it more than just shooting it besides during the breakin/getting acquired to the gun period.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom