• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    To carry in the woods for hunting or in case of bear? It's not too practical a weapon to carry for any other purpose.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Feb 1, 2009
    A guy at the range the other day set up next to me and pulled out one. I lasted 3 rounds and then had to get up and move away from the concussion. What a gun.

lunchbox

Apr 12, 2008
    the idea i guess is that shot placement with a gun like that wont matter much plus i can take it hunting and blow away a hog if need be

jay524288

Nov 6, 2008
    Austin, TX
    how are they to shoot
    what sizes do you have

I have one 8 3/8" and the 5" John Ross model.

The longer one has a compensator and throws a bunch of crap back at you when you shoot it. I ended up removing it when shooting. It doesn't help at all with the recoil as far as I could tell, but made the concussion pretty bad. It's pretty unwieldy to hold, too.

The 5" one is much nicer. The balance is lots better and it doesn't have the compensator. The recoil is a little harsher, though. After getting it, I'm annoyed that S&W didn't make it from the beginning.

The recoil can be pretty hard, especially with moderately hot loads. I bruised my palm a couple times, but it doesn't do that anymore. And after firing 50 rounds or so, my nerves are shot and my hands tremble for the next few hours. I think that means I need more practice. :-)

One of these days, I'll get some of the 700 grain bullets and try those. I've heard they are pretty potent.

If you're going to get one and shoot it, you should really load your own ammo. $2-$3 a round for commercial ammo gets expensive pretty quickly.

Also, I highly recommend the John Ross model. It's a little more expensive, but definitely worth it. John Ross Website Store

RacingJake

Jul 22, 2008
    Abilene
    Here's my 2.75"

Shooting targets at 7 yards will go full horizontal just from the blast and anybody next to me.

I'm going to get a CCW this summer and I'll carry it too. Maybe oneday will have an open carry.

Ballistic supply has a sample pack with different loads I'd like to try.

006-2.jpg

lunchbox

Apr 12, 2008
    Here's my 2.75"

Shooting targets at 7 yards will go full horizontal just from the blast and anybody next to me.

I'm going to get a CCW this summer and I'll carry it too. Maybe oneday will have an open carry.

006-2.jpg
    i want that

theres no simile for drool

Brembo

Jan 28, 2009
    I guess there is no such thing as "overkill"...

Good luck!

"Overkill" o-ver-kill Pronunciation [oh-ver-kil]
    –noun

1) In excess of what is needed.
    2) More than sufficient.

Origin
    Late 1900's. Term coined by fascist liberals to describe anything to do with firearms, freedom, enjoyment of life, or Bush's response to Sept 11th (see 9/11, Iran, Osama, or "Are you guys crazy? That's the USA! They'll bomb ur ass!"

lunchbox

Apr 12, 2008
    i cant post the vid so i will quote it

*They* say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it... and it's worked out pretty well so far. I present to you the newest in Stark Industries' Freedom line. Find an excuse to let one of these off the chain, and I personally guarantee, the bad guys won't even wanna come out of their caves. Ladies and gentlemen, for your consideration... the Jericho.

Brembo

Jan 28, 2009
    Great movie, and I love the character's notion of deterrence.

I wish we had another Black Jack Pershing! Man he knew how to send a message to our enemies. We've yet to have a president with those balls except for Reagan and Kennedy. Maybe Roosevelt, Teddy that is. It gets fuzzy trying to recall the few presidents we had that actually had balls.

Top Bottom