• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jonny Steele

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    I guys, i own a new (bought few months ago) Smith & Wesson 9mm SW9VE. i love the gun, but i seem to be having trouble aiming. Never had a real problem before with any other handgun ive shot. I think my problem lies with the trigger having such a heavy/long pull (9lbs) i think.

I found a guy here in TX that works as a authorized S&W repair center...

Frank Smith

LSG Manufacturing
    10059 Hwy 1476
    Comanche TX 76442
    lsgmfg.com
    325-885-2700 phone/fax

Authorized Warranty Station for:
    Smith & Wesson , WALTHER, and Remington

he says that all i have to do, is send my gun to him, all shipping is paid by S&W and he can work on the trigger for me.

What do you guys think? Anyone ever done this?
    DK Firearms

Bullseye Shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Texas Panhandle
    I've sent a couple of my revolvers directly to S&W for repair, but they were not covered by their warranty so I had to pay the shipping and repair charges. Since you bought the gun new, S&W will pay for any repairs, etc and since this guy is an authorized dealer, it sounds okay to me.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I assume they'll send you a call tag to pic it up?

9lb trigger does sound awful heavy! Another option is find good a local smith and have them look at it. It may not be a big deal to lighten it up.

Jonny Steele

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    I assume they'll send you a call tag to pic it up?

9lb trigger does sound awful heavy! Another option is find good a local smith and have them look at it. It may not be a big deal to lighten it up.
    He gave me the fedex account to charge it to, im sending it fedex overnite, he said he will get it on monday, ship out on tues, so only 1 day turnaround.

Question, so its not illegal to ship firearms?

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    Sending firearms to the manufacturer/factory authorized repair center and receiving it back from them is perfectly legal. 9# trigger is about normal for the Sigma series. You can swap out the striker spring with one from Wolf but you run the risk of experiencing light indent misfires. one of the issues with the Sigmas is the trigger return spring (the coil spring that sits forward of the mag well in the upper frame). This contribuutes to the heavy pull. Taking this part of the frame apart is easy. Putting it back together with out the slave pin is a real biotch.

I don't know how much improvement you will see from a factory authorized guy. He may be able to smooth it our some and possibly take a pound or so off the trigger weight but he will be required to keep factory spring weights to comply with warranty issues.

You will likely get as much benefit from just shooting/dryfiring about 1000 times, thoroughly cleaning and using a lube like Machine Gunners Lube from Sprinco.com. This stuff is very slick and will improve the feel of the trigger a bunch.

Jonny Steele

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Sending firearms to the manufacturer/factory authorized repair center and receiving it back from them is perfectly legal. 9# trigger is about normal for the Sigma series. You can swap out the striker spring with one from Wolf but you run the risk of experiencing light indent misfires. one of the issues with the Sigmas is the trigger return spring (the coil spring that sits forward of the mag well in the upper frame). This contribuutes to the heavy pull. Taking this part of the frame apart is easy. Putting it back together with out the slave pin is a real biotch.

I don't know how much improvement you will see from a factory authorized guy. He may be able to smooth it our some and possibly take a pound or so off the trigger weight but he will be required to keep factory spring weights to comply with warranty issues.

You will likely get as much benefit from just shooting/dryfiring about 1000 times, thoroughly cleaning and using a lube like Machine Gunners Lube from Sprinco.com. This stuff is very slick and will improve the feel of the trigger a bunch.
    Thanks for the info!!!

ya, he said he could take about maybe a pound or so off the trigger, and replacing it with a diff kind. He told me who would do the best he could without it having the chance of misfiring. For sure he could smooth it out.

So i mean, it only takes a few days, and its free, so i dont have much to loose really. So i cant wait!

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Thanks for the info!!!

ya, he said he could take about maybe a pound or so off the trigger, and replacing it with a diff kind. He told me who would do the best he could without it having the chance of misfiring. For sure he could smooth it out.

So i mean, it only takes a few days, and its free, so i dont have much to loose really. So i cant wait!

Wow, I didn't realize that. 9# to 8#, ever 7# is still a heavy trigger. I'm not sure Glocks are even that heavy. But I'm a 1911 guy used to 4-5# being heavy.

And yes, you'll ship Fedex, declare it as a pistol and it'll go back. It has to ship the same path coming back also. Wait, I almost missed that. He's doing the work so it doesn't matter. You ship to him, he ships back to you. Simple. But declare it as a hand gun with FedEx. You just need to tell them it's going for repair/service. I'm sure they're as easy as UPS is as long as you do it right.

Jonny Steele

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Wow, I didn't realize that. 9# to 8#, ever 7# is still a heavy trigger. I'm not sure Glocks are even that heavy. But I'm a 1911 guy used to 4-5# being heavy.

And yes, you'll ship Fedex, declare it as a pistol and it'll go back. It has to ship the same path coming back also. Wait, I almost missed that. He's doing the work so it doesn't matter. You ship to him, he ships back to you. Simple. But declare it as a hand gun with FedEx. You just need to tell them it's going for repair/service. I'm sure they're as easy as UPS is as long as you do it right.

Thanks for your help!!

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    IIRC, I could of sworn that the Sigma has a 12# trigger in stock form. I remember in the past I saw several people that had work done to theirs and were able to get it down to around ~5-6# (about the weight of a stock Glock trigger), which would be a substantial improvement. If it were mine, it would already be in the mail. ;)

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    By all means get that trigger fixed. 9 Lb DAO trigger is next to impossible to shoot well, especially rapid fire.

Top Bottom