• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SO758

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    Central TX
    I am thinking of adding another ar to my stash. Are the S&W ar good to go? I have not been able to put hands on one so any info is appreciated.
    Are they interchangeable with USGI and other maker parts?
    Good, better, same, as bushmaster, colt etc?
    Problems?

Thoughts.
    Texas SOT

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Yep, the S&W M&P15 is good to go: http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56

It offers a decent amount more compared to similar priced guns, and even a bit more than a few that are a bit more expensive. I've been looking for a long time for a good AR platform to start a build off of, and from what I've seen the M&P15 appears to be about the best for the price. After seeing that list, I was a bit surprised that the M&P15 has that many more technical improvements over other common stuff like RRA, Bushmaster, and Armalite AR's. Many of the items on that list may seem unnecessary, however every little bit counts IMO. Hopefully Nolan will chime in as I believe I heard him say he has an M&P15 so he could give you more of a first hand experience.

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    ^^ OK, I'll chime in then :D

I love mine, it's been fantastic. It's accurate and there have been no FTF or FTE in the rounds I've put through it. The upper to lower fitment is very nice for a factory AR. I have an accu-wedge in mine, but it had to be trimmed way down. They have an optics ready version now that is very inexpensive. I highly recommend them to anyone. I put a quad rail and Magpul MIAD grip on mine, but other than that it's factory.

SO758

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    Central TX
    ^^ OK, I'll chime in then :D

I love mine, it's been fantastic. It's accurate and there have been no FTF or FTE in the rounds I've put through it. The upper to lower fitment is very nice for a factory AR. I have an accu-wedge in mine, but it had to be trimmed way down. They have an optics ready version now that is very inexpensive. I highly recommend them to anyone. I put a quad rail and Magpul MIAD grip on mine, but other than that it's factory.

The optics ready version is the one I had in mind. Hmmmmm I think i'm gonna have to do it.

Top Bottom