• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 9x19

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    I couldn't take the pressure :D and ordered another S&W M&P 15 Sport this morning, $570 OTD. The one I bought this past year has run without trouble and shoots as well as any AR I've owned (probably says more about me, than the rifles). This one will likely get an Aimpoint red-dot sight (when I find a good deal), as my other one has a 1x-4x scope.

Then later, surfing the 'net, I found a guy selling a new in the box M&P 15-22 with two extra mags, for $375 delivered (and my dealer doesn't charge me for transfers). I'm gonna leave this one basically stock (light weight) for the grand-kids, but it will get a red-dot sight and a set of MagPul BUIS, both of which I already have in the parts drawer.
    Venture Surplus ad

9x19

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    The 15-22 was (finally) delivered to my dealer yesteray (USPS was being really slow)... will have to wait until Tuesday to pick it up.

I picked up the new Sport Friday morning, the seller included a second mag if you paid within 48 hours, so came with two Pmags.

The trigger is pretty good on it, better than my other one for sure. I hit it with a bit of polish (no stones, just rouge), replaced the springs and used a bit of moly lube that Bushmaster used to include with their rifles for free... I have a couple tubes and it works good. It's not likely to see the line at Camp Perry anytime soon, so that will be good enough.

I replaced the factory A2 flash hider (I just like the look of the XM-177 style better) and also added a Hogue grip ~ it fits my short-fingered hand very well.

I decided to let my Bushnell Trophy illuminated 1x-4x 30mm live here since the trigger cleaned up so nice. (I'm going to put an Aimpoint PRO on my other one, once I find a good deal on one.)

SampW15Sbvixm_zps5e659ecf.gif

Top Bottom