• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Im surprised the gun community isnt talking about this and Rugers move more. I dont believe in the "to hell with them its their fault, screw California" mentality.

Without Life there can be no Liberty.

tx_transplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Greenville, TX
    I dont believe in the "to hell with them its their fault, screw California" mentality.

I'm not a fan of this attitude, either. However, there is at least a hope that California gun owners and other freedom loving types can use these actions to pressure their state lawmakers to roll back the silly prohibitions that exist. Perhaps it will take something as extreme as gun makers deciding to not sell there that will motivate the residents to action.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    California

Besides radio active beaches. Most the state wants to break off and form like five states. The libs are all hugged up in LA. Mega city. Which holds most the power in the state. The views are shoved down the throat of other parts of the state.

Its not that Californians are all sock puppet gun haters. They just get a raw deal from the sheeple of SF and LA

Sent from my iPhone using NSA spyware

Texan-in-Training

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Rockdale, Texas
    Im surprised the gun community isnt talking about this and Rugers move more. I dont believe in the "to hell with them its their fault, screw California" mentality.

I don't believe it's a simple as "screw California", although I think you can find examples of that on Gunbroker and other sites.
    I think it's more along the line that Ruger doesn't want to spend $2000 to sell a $500 firearm.

Shooter McGavin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Free Texas
    I don't believe it's a simple as "screw California", although I think you can find examples of that on Gunbroker and other sites.
    I think it's more along the line that Ruger doesn't want to spend $2000 to sell a $500 firearm.

Agreed, obviously a firearm manufacturer will always be a huge proponent of 2A rights as it directly affects their business. Aside from that profit is why companies are in the businesses they are in and dictates their actions. Other than our government there's no other business that can continue to function when cost begins to exceed profit.

challl80

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    Cypress, TX
    As was stated before, I can only hope that this kind of action will create a positive re-action. If it bothers people, then hopefully they will stand up and be heard...

Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX

You don't think the gun community is talking about this? I've seen this article on every forum I frequent, from fishing to firearms, and I've even seen multiple people post it on Facebook. I'm pretty sure it's getting talked about.

California is a hard place to read I think. I grew up there and lived there until I was 13 then went back for a few years when I was 23 -25. I don't think I knew a single person who wasn't a "liberal". That being said, none of them were anti-gun. Anti-gun people are usually the people who are kind of on the fringe anyway, like super new age holistic medicine kind of people. I did know a few people who upon finding out that I had guns in the house would literally exit my house in some kind of hysteria. Like the intimate object locked in a metal box that has been there every other time they had been in my house would suddenly decide to kill them. I didn't know them for very long.

I think the biggest problem is most people don't own a gun or have ever shot one. They kind of see these laws as outside their experience, as if it has no bearing on their everyday life, kind of like something Biden said once. But totally true in this case.

But like I said, I think the average person does not understand that the undermining of one right is the undermining of all rights. Another part of this is the fact that for a lot of people who might actually enjoy shooting firearms view them as simply taboo. Not a lot of kids I knew growing up grew up the way I did. My father always had guns. I don't really know how old I was when he first took me to hunt rabbits but I am pretty sure that was my first interaction with them. I was probably between 7-8. Honestly, for a long time I didn't even really think about them in any way. They were like my Dad's Playboys, something I could have when I was old enough if I wanted to. But a lot of people my age grew up seeing guns in a detached way. Video games, movies and the media certainly bestow some mysticism onto them and so I think a lot of people develop an idea that it's something outside of their experience and that they could never be "that guy" who owns one.

I'll use an example of kind of what I mean. I had a roommate who worked at an Apple store. So a lot of nerds and a lot of video games happening in our place. Sometimes I'd come back from the range and have to carry all my stuff through the living room. All of his friends would see my huge milsurp rifles and be like "WHAAAAAAT?" While we lived together I probably took like 20 people shooting for their first time. And every time they would shoot there was this look on their face like "so that's what that is like." It's that moment of realization that it takes skill to do this right, that this is a complete and visceral experience, not pull the trigger and kill every bad guy. I think the biggest thing is the realization that shooting a gun is fun in and of itself and that there is more to owning one then wanting to kill people. That's kind of the taboo mindset that I was talking about. The idea that a gun is used for one thing so you must be that kind of person if you want to own a gun. Once you get past that negative connotation people really open up. I don't think it is so much that people really are against guns, although there are the active minority making it look that way, I think the reality is most people are simply to apathetic about it. This apathy is more from ignorance than dislike.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    trust me, they won. they're happy. even though lots of gun loving normal people in CA did not. I'm not happy at all with this situation but I understand Ruger's and SW stance. Now if Ruger and SW REALLY want to make a stance, no sales to LE in CALI.

I look at it as the tards have to win somewhere and its a whole lot better than here. Kommiefornika and the majority of the east coast all want to be a sanctuary utardia wasteland let them be. Hell if I could hit a big enough lottery I would fund a plan where I would pay to move a right voting god fearing trouble free family in trade for a libtard criminal EBT dope smoking Exchange program I'd establish and market it. Sure its not PC but it sure be fun watching the tards come unglued while their ideas explode in their streets, businesses and homes on CNN.

Neat place to visit but screw ever living there lol

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I look at it as the tards have to win somewhere and its a whole lot better than here. Kommiefornika and the majority of the east coast all want to be a sanctuary utardia wasteland let them be. Hell if I could hit a big enough lottery I would fund a plan where I would pay to move a right voting god fearing trouble free family in trade for a libtard criminal EBT dope smoking Exchange program I'd establish and market it. Sure its not PC but it sure be fun watching the tards come unglued while their ideas explode in their streets, businesses and homes on CNN.

Neat place to visit but screw ever living there lol

I get that. But i guess why i dont rejoice is because the good people get hurt. Hurt not by Ruger or S&W but by their own governments.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    I get that. But i guess why i dont rejoice is because the good people get hurt. Hurt not by Ruger or S&W but by their own governments.

thank u me friend. I'll never take joy in seeing fellow peops of the same mindset get hurt. I say this as a former refugee from Michigan and Detroit. People should not have to FLEE. Eventually there WILL BE NO PLACE TO FLEE TOO.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Grew up in LA California. There are more than enough people in other parts of the state to stop the crap laws. Fact is well over 50% of the states voters are stupid. To hell with them!

profound thinking about stuff

Top Bottom