• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Libertarian_Longhorn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    So I bought a S&W MP 22/15 about 6 months ago, and some of you may have seen it on the classifieds. I took it out to the range one last time, and the extractor went haywire. FTE, FTF, you name it, even with CCI ammo.
    I took it off the classifieds as I'm not going to pawn off some malfunctioning gun to some poor SOB just to get it off my hands. Anyways I called SW customer service and got a shipping label sent to me for repair. How do I box up the thing, in the originial box? Just duct tape over any gun related emblem? The instructions were very vague.

Sidenote:To any of you who tried to buy it and didn't get an answer, I'm sorry. I am trying to get this thing in tip top shape before the transaction takes place.

Bullseye Shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Texas Panhandle
    Use a different box than the original. It's always nice to have them in good shape if and when you go to sell the gun. Any box will do; just not too big. Wrap the gun in a cloth and pack in in shipping peanuts or whatever. S&W will probably ship it back in a std pistol box packed inside a plain jane cardboard box. That's what they did when I sent my Model 25 in to be reblued.

Be sure you include whatever paperwork they sent you inside the box and if they didn't send anything, put a note in there as to what you want done, etc.

Top Bottom