• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tx_Mark

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 26, 2014
    Okay guys & gals, sorry if this has been talked about before. I tried searching.

I just got the S&W sd40ve and love the way it feels in my hand (I have the sw9ve also), have yet to shoot it, but the magazine rattle is quite an annoyance. Is there a way to fix it? Or do I just have to deal with it, it will never be a CHL handgun, only for target and home/automobile defense.

Also, it will accept the sw40ve mags right?

Thanks in advance!

"Prepare yourself for the future,with what you've seen in the present"
    Target Sports

GKC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    San Angelo, Texas
    I have both the SD9VE and the SD40VE...the mag rattles on my 40, but not on my 9. It is a common problem.

One thing that works, somewhat, for me is to download the mag by 1 round. That doesn't work all the time, though. When I take the mag out of the pistol, it won't rattle...put it back in, and it does.

I've never read of anyone finding a solution to this...there may be, and it's escaped my attention (which does wander, these days) but I've just decided to live with it.

I know for a fact that the SW 9mm mags will fit the SD9VE...I've used them. I even replaced the SW base plate with a SDVE base plate. I've never tried a SW40 mag in a SW40VE, but I assume they would work, since the 9mm versions do.

Tx_Mark

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 26, 2014
    I have both the SD9VE and the SD40VE...the mag rattles on my 40, but not on my 9. It is a common problem.

One thing that works, somewhat, for me is to download the mag by 1 round. That doesn't work all the time, though. When I take the mag out of the pistol, it won't rattle...put it back in, and it does.

I've never read of anyone finding a solution to this...there may be, and it's escaped my attention (which does wander, these days) but I've just decided to live with it.

I know for a fact that the SW 9mm mags will fit the SD9VE...I've used them. I even replaced the SW base plate with a SDVE base plate. I've never tried a SW40 mag in a SW40VE, but I assume they would work, since the 9mm versions do.

Thanks for the info! Much appreciated. Hopefully someone found a solution, how do you like your SD40? I haven't shot mine yet.

GKC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    San Angelo, Texas
    Thanks for the info! Much appreciated. Hopefully someone found a solution, how do you like your SD40? I haven't shot mine yet.

The SDVE line is one of the best values in handguns on the market, IMO. The grip fits my hand like it was molded for me, and they are extremely reliable. I love my 9mm...I bought the 40 version a while back because I couldn't find 9mm ammo, and 40 ammo was available everywhere. Personally, I much prefer the 9mm, but that's just me.

Tx_Mark

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 26, 2014
    The SDVE line is one of the best values in handguns on the market, IMO. The grip fits my hand like it was molded for me, and they are extremely reliable. I love my 9mm...I bought the 40 version a while back because I couldn't find 9mm ammo, and 40 ammo was available everywhere. Personally, I much prefer the 9mm, but that's just me.

Well I traded my mossberg .22 rifle for a brand new I fired .40 hopefully I like it! Haha

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    My Glock mags rattle as well. It's the tension on the rounds, or lack of, that causes a round to be able to wiggle around and rattle. Seems to be quite common from when I was researching it, so probably not much to "worry" about.

Tx_Mark

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 26, 2014
    My Glock mags rattle as well. It's the tension on the rounds, or lack of, that causes a round to be able to wiggle around and rattle. Seems to be quite common from when I was researching it, so probably not much to "worry" about.

Okay. Thanks! Appreciate the input.

Nateyak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2015
    Okay guys & gals, sorry if this has been talked about before. I tried searching.

I just got the S&W sd40ve and love the way it feels in my hand (I have the sw9ve also), have yet to shoot it, but the magazine rattle is quite an annoyance. Is there a way to fix it? Or do I just have to deal with it, it will never be a CHL handgun, only for target and home/automobile defense.

Also, it will accept the sw40ve mags right?

Thanks in advance!

****** I've found a solution to the rattling! My girlfriend showed me it. The first round you load into the clip, make sure it's a regular non- hollow point 9mm and the rest of the bullets can be regular .40 hollow points. It will no longer rattle once you load the full magazine! You're welcome!

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    ****** I've found a solution to the rattling! My girlfriend showed me it. The first round you load into the clip, make sure it's a regular non- hollow point 9mm and the rest of the bullets can be regular .40 hollow points. It will no longer rattle once you load the full magazine! You're welcome!
    This is a bad idea. Do not load the wrong ammo in your MAGAZINE.

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    are you fucking retarded??? If this is a joke, then it is a bad one and could get someone hurt badly OR worse.

If you truly believe this is a valid fix, then you need to really be careful what you hear & read.......it could get you or someone else hurt.

Last edited:

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio

Clip???????

"Character is doing the right thing even when no one is watching"

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    It appears so, but you never know. I give them the benefit of the doubt in the interest of welcoming new members who are just misinformed.

We shall see if they return and what they respond.
    I suppose this could be the case Bigun...........maybe
    But intentionally loading the wrong ammo into the mag/firearm? Would hope even a person "new" to firearms would have the wherewithal to question that. Like you said......we shall see.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I've owned 4 of those pistols.....3 9mm and one 40 cal. They are as reliable as a rock and the only noise I'm concerned about that pistol making is that BOOM as I activate the trigger! You can NOT buy a pistol that is a better buy for the money.

Some folks whine about the heavy trigger pull but when you dry fire them as much as mine were dry fired, that trigger works just fine!

Flash

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Clip has been covered, so has loading the wrong ammo, only thing left is why put bullets in the magazine?

****** 1st post fail, hope they get better. You're welcome!

This is a bad idea. Do not load the wrong ammo in your MAGAZINE.
    QFT

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom