• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nullrejector

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Austin
    I'd like to use the rebate before it ends, and pick up a new 9mm Shield. Although online prices are super-cheap, I'd rather buy locally even if it's a little more expensive. Who has the best prices on the Shield in the Austin area?
    Guns International

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    I'd like to use the rebate before it ends, and pick up a new 9mm Shield. Although online prices are super-cheap, I'd rather buy locally even if it's a little more expensive. Who has the best prices on the Shield in the Austin area?

Not sure you will find less than on line, plus you be paying sales tax. It does however save the FFL fee. Try GT Distributors.

Nullrejector

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Austin
    To be clear, I know I won't find less/equal to online prices. I don't mind paying more, supporting a local store, but still wonder who has the best deal on them locally. GTD is out of stock.

ScorpionHunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2012
    Driftwood
    Check out Central Texas gun works. Their prices on shields were maybe $20 or $30 higher than online when factoring in taxes and no tranfer fee when I looked a couple weeks ago.

TX-Badger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2016
    Dallas, TX
    I would check a local gun show. I went to the Dallas Arms Gun and Knife show yesterday at Dallas Market Hall (I know not near Austin), and the prices on a lot of guns other than Glocks were super competitive, and in most cases lower than Academy, which is usually one of the lower priced options. Selection was awesome too. I picked up a Shield 9mm Performance Center (P/C) for $399 and the special was it came with 3 additional 8-round magazines (usually $20 - 35 each). Plus, you get the $75 rebate on them. I saw a lot of non-P/C 9mm Shield prices anywhere from $309 to $359 (all cash prices). Might be worth the $10 entry fee.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Is Coppell local?

Not from Texas, eh?

Grabagun sales tax ~$26
    FFL ~$20 (+/-) My long time FFL charges $10 since I have a LTC.

Is shipping free, if mail order?

I agree with TX-Badger, you can sometimes find very competitive pricing at gun shows (as long as you've done your homework before hand & are not buying on spur of the moment).
    --
    What we need is more unemployed politicians.

Last edited:

qwiksdraw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Sachse, TX
    Grabagun sales tax ~$26

Grabagun (GaG) doesn't charge taxes...:)..., the State of Texas does that. Since Grabagun is based in Texas and the if the customer resides in Texas, only state sales tax is imposed which is 6.5% I think.

FFL ~$20 (+/-) My long time FFL charges $10 since I have a LTC.

If you pick up in at the store in Coppel, GaG does not charge for a transfer fee., If you do ship they can send to whatever FFL you choose.

Is shipping free, if mail order?

Flat rate shipping $7.99 on all firearms.

I agree with TX-Badger, you can sometimes find very competitive pricing at gun shows (as long as you've done your homework before hand & are not buying on spur of the moment).

Yea, that's possible, but waiting for a gun show "deal" could take a long time and you better be ready to buy that day.

Last edited:

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    I have a local shop that I only use here in Houston all the time. I wanted to go with them on the Shield 45, but Palmetto State Armory deal could not be beat and they agreed! They will still get my FFL fee though.

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I jumped on the 9mmm Shield the first week when the cash rebates started. PSA had lowered their price to $319.95 (before rebate) with free shipping. About 3 weeks later the lowered their price to $289.95 (before rebate) & free shipping. Dammit.

BTW - drove by Saddlerock Armory store on 620 yesterday - the place is empty & for rent.

Keyston512

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2016
    Austin
    I jumped on the 9mmm Shield the first week when the cash rebates started. PSA had lowered their price to $319.95 (before rebate) with free shipping. About 3 weeks later the lowered their price to $289.95 (before rebate) & free shipping. Dammit.

BTW - drove by Saddlerock Armory store on 620 yesterday - the place is empty & for rent.

they moved to the two story building behind the original storefront

Top Bottom