• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • London

The advocate's Devil.
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Can be made with a shorter cylinder than traditional revolver cartridges, so the entire gun can be a little bit smaller.

Theoretically, sure, but imagine if they really did shorten the frame on this one to match up with the cylinder. If you think the gun's ugly now wait until you see the trigger guard sitting on the front of the frame. I would look almost as weird as a Nambu pistol or Dardick Tround. Holster selection would also be extremely limited.

There's a few reasons why auto-caliber revolvers don't really save any space.
    Target Sports

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Theoretically, sure, but imagine if ...
    You're right, mostly. The only case where I think a cylinder really needs to be shortened is the X-frame. I think John Ross has hit it on the head with his take on how wonderful a shortened X-frame, just long enough for the .500 Special, would be. That gun, as well as a truly durable 7-shot .44 magnum DA that could be built on the same frame, all with a useful reduction in weight, would definitely have me reaching for my wallet.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Theoretically, sure, but imagine if they really did shorten the frame on this one to match up with the cylinder. If you think the gun's ugly now wait until you see the trigger guard sitting on the front of the frame.

Don't think this looks bad. Tried to compare it to other revolver pictures (as I have only seen 1 Pit Bull in person, and I can't go measure it) and the cylinder looks a bit shorter. So it can be done.

Screen-Shot-2012-07-31-at-9.47.42-PM.png

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    For those who answered my question as to "why 9mm", thanks.

I guess the one caliber thing is lost on me, I added 3 during the shortage, lol. I likes variety.

Can't say I wouldn't own one, just never imagined their would be much demand.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    You're right, mostly. The only case where I think a cylinder really needs to be shortened is the X-frame. I think John Ross has hit it on the head with his take on how wonderful a shortened X-frame, just long enough for the .500 Special, would be. That gun, as well as a truly durable 7-shot .44 magnum DA that could be built on the same frame, all with a useful reduction in weight, would definitely have me reaching for my wallet.

Now you're talking outside my field of experience. X-Frames are something I'll buy as toys that wonderful day in the future when I become a millionaire. For now I'll have to be satisfied with my puny .44 magnum. :p

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Don't think this looks bad. Tried to compare it to other revolver pictures (as I have only seen 1 Pit Bull in person, and I can't go measure it) and the cylinder looks a bit shorter. So it can be done.

Screen-Shot-2012-07-31-at-9.47.42-PM.png

What I meant was shrinking the cylinder all the way down the the length of the cartridge.

Spcwolf

Apr 16, 2013
    Conroe tx
    If they shortened the cylinder and added half an inch to the barrel, I would live with it.
    It would suffer looks but excel at ballistics. Considering it would be a piece designed for saving my life, I wouldn't care.

Ideally, an airweight frame like the 640 model s&w, 2.5 inch barrel or 3, fiber optic front sight/tritium ramped, Double/single (my preference), fixed rear.
    5 or 6 shot.
    I would put down my sig p238 for this. And just get a speed strip for 9mm.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Said some stuff I had not thought about before................
    All of which applied to competitive pistol shooters. The people who actually shoot these revolvers will be USPSA and ICORE competitors. They'll love it. Everybody else? Well, there will always be a few sales just because it's cool, I suppose.

Top Bottom