• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TruthlessHero81

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2017
    Anyone have any recommendations for gun shops in the San Antonio area that give decent value for trade ins? I have a pair of rifles I'm looking to trade in towards something new. I tried Drury's but apparently they lack any customer service skills.
    Guns International

Last edited:

TruthlessHero81

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2017
    Good luck. Trade in prices are usually low everywhere.

Get 25 (real contributing) posts and list them here.

I see you listing them here as a way to skirt the rule and recommend editing that part out.

Not trying to list them here but I figured there might some shops that deal more in rifles/oddball guns then others. My problem is I bought them in MD where they were premium weapons and down here they're as common as dirt apparently lol.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Contribute and let someone here have a crack at them.

I can't be the only one looking to lowball ya for good firearms

A gun or pawnshop is going to give you pennies on the dollar anyway...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Unfortunately, you're only going to get pennies on the dollar at local gun and pawn shops. Your best bet is to privately sell them, the SAXET gun show is a good venue to do so (it's not uncommon to see people walking around with 'firearms for sale' signs); but expect vendors there to lowball you as well...

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    This^^^^^
    Get your post count and list them here. Contribute and get to know us. There are some good folks here that would probably give you a better deal than a shop.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    What a customer considers a "premium" weapon and what...well, folks who sell guns for a living consider a "premium" weapon are often wildly divergent. And I suspect that is true even in the low life greed factories full of the incompetent and the deceitful such as the above named shops!

TruthlessHero81

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2017
    What a customer considers a "premium" weapon and what...well, folks who sell guns for a living consider a "premium" weapon are often wildly divergent. And I suspect that is true even in the low life greed factories full of the incompetent and the deceitful such as the above named shops!

I stopped in Action Pawn yesterday on a whim and was amazed at what they were charging for guns. I guess if some people pay those prices, why not charge it, but I can't imagine how they survive lol.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I stopped in Action Pawn yesterday on a whim and was amazed at what they were charging for guns. I guess if some people pay those prices, why not charge it, but I can't imagine how they survive lol.

I quit going to pawn shops after an employee at one claimed an obviously used AES-10B was "new and unfired." :banghead:

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    Pawn Shops are for two types of people. Those who are in need of money fast and idiots. A couple of years ago, I went into a local Pawn Shop just to look around. I was looking for a used compressor.
    As I passed their handgun showcase, I saw a S&W M66 that appealed to me. I asked the guy behind the counter if I might look at it. He opened the case and handed me the revolver. As I was looking it over, I asked what they wanted for it. He hit me with a price that almost made me drop the damn thing. The price was much higher than anything I had seen on GunBroker and the gun's condition was only fair.
    I made a counter offer and was told they do not negotiate prices on their firearms.
    I now do intensive internet searches for firearms I want these days. I have sold several firearms on this site as well as GunBroker.
    I prefer to keep things I sell here in Texas. You also meet some interesting people in face to face transactions as well. The first rule for selling a firearm is to not be in a big hurry. Stand your ground, and someone generally comes along and offers you a decent price for your weapon.
    Good Luck.

Top Bottom