• ...and so much more!
  • lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    Awesome!

"Police said the victim and his friend are not expected to face criminal charges because state law allows the use of deadly force during these kids of crimes."
    Ha! Not sure if I would have done the same thing, but glad it worked out for them.

"The suspects, however, could face aggravated robbery and deadly conduct charges."
    DOUBLE HA!

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    lol

It always urks me. .9mm and .7mm mag. Really. Does anyone actually look anything up any more? I guess the spelling of that article wasn't spectacular. . .

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    lol

It always urks me. .9mm and .7mm mag. Really. Does anyone actually look anything up any more? I guess the spelling of that article wasn't spectacular. . .
    WHAT!?

Bad reporting?

...you mean these aren't fully automatic high powered assault weapons?!:

DSCN07861.jpg

(Yes, they're prettied up 10-22's)

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Marvin Hurst used to be a pretty good T.V. Reporter until this:

"San Antonio police are looking for some carjacking suspects who took a man's car early Wednesday morning.
    The victim and a friend found the thieves and had a gun battle rolling down a west-side street, police said."

Exactly where, at what time, and how was the vehicle taken? How did the victim find the thieves, and just how was the victim armed after the car-jacking and not before?

"At least two men took the victim's Cadillac, police said. He reportedly got a friend in a pickup truck to follow his stolen car. Investigators said the result was an exchange of gunfire."

Who would reasonably expect someone to be out early in the morning have a friend with a pickup truck readily available to pursue a stolen vehicle and commence in a running gun battle? Why no description of the vehicle, other than Cadillac? Did it have a vinyl roof and 22'' wheels?

"The suspects were firing with a .9mm handgun. The alleged victim had a 12-gauge shotgun."

When was the .9mm caliber invented? Since when do reporters make reference to "alleged" victims, instead of "alleged "perpetrators?"

"Police said the shootout ended in the 2200 block of Horal. The stolen car crashed near Rainbow Baptist Church. The victim and his friend stopped at Horal and Marbach."

Another case of lazy reporting: Cars don't crash: People crash cars.

"Police said when they arrived on the scene, the suspects were gone. Witnesses said a black Chevy Malibu drove them away from the scene."

Even more lazy reporting: Cars don't drive suspects away. This ain't Transformers. Accomplices drove the suspects away in a black Chevy Malibu.

"Police said the victim and his friend are not expected to face criminal charges because state law allows the use of deadly force during these kids of crimes."

Sorry, the Police are misinformed. The running gun battle happened AFTER the car-jacking; hence the victim (s) had no legal standing to pursue the perpetrators and open fire in a public area, nor were they in a position to claim self-defense.

"The suspects, however, could face aggravated robbery and deadly conduct charges."

No description of the suspects: Height, age, weight, gender, complexion, clothing, or distinguishing marks.

Looks like some in the San Antonio media (and police department) just don't know how to call-out our drug and gang problems.

Be well.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Two can play this game...

Suckas be hidin'
    Jump behind a bush
    When they see me ridin' by
    Hangin' out my window
    And my magnum
    Takin' out some putos

Leper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    Messagetoshort
    Who would reasonably expect someone to be out early in the morning have a friend with a pickup truck readily available to pursue a stolen vehicle and commence in a running gun battle?
    My neighbors would.

Sorry, the Police are misinformed. The running gun battle happened AFTER the car-jacking; hence the victim (s) had no legal standing to pursue the perpetrators and open fire in a public area, nor were they in a position to claim self-defense.
    it is my understanding that the use of deadly force to recover stolen property, when there is reasonable belief that it would not be recovered any other way, is legal in this great state.

No description of the suspects: Height, age, weight, gender, complexion, clothing, or distinguishing marks.

Looks like some in the San Antonio media (and police department) just don't know how to call-out our drug and gang problems.

Be well.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rgomez5329
    Top Bottom