• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I just read an article on this. Her dad accidentally shot her. I'm in agreement with posters on another forum I saw this on - I'd probably eat a bullet myself if that happened to me. Couldn't live with myself after that.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    11 year old girl from Hallsville. Rushed to a hospital in Longview where she died. I grew up in Longview. I have an 11 year old daughter.

My God. I can't imagine.

Be a safety freak. All the time.

A guy I went to school with left his toddler daughter in the car when he went into work. He remembered about 4 hours later. She was dead. The amount of suffering parents must go through in cases like these/those is awful.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    A guy I went to school with left his toddler daughter in the car when he went into work. He remembered about 4 hours later. She was dead. The amount of suffering parents must go through in cases like these/those is awful.
    Forgetting your own child, no matter the situation, is simply not the same. Inexcusable.

Horrific endings no doubt but, one was an accident and the other? Well . . .

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    The office I once worked in subscribed to a bunch of state wildlife magazines. I think it was Arkansas that annually published all the hunting accidents. Reading them would absolutely stun me. I remember a guy who shot his red truck because he thought it was a deer. Some things you expect - "tripped and fell down and the gun discharged" - but so many were just crazy.

I lived in (existed in) upstate NY for a few miserable years. I used to hear "hunters" talk about taking "sound shots" - that is to say that they heard something in the thick brush and shot at it to see if it was a deer. I heard it enough times to understand that it wasn't a joke but rather something people actually did. On opening day one year, I had people parked on my front lawn and cutting through my yard to hunt in a little strip of woods behind my house. There are many stories, but this was the saddest: A guy from a town just south of where I lived went hunting with his teenage son. Seeing nothing all morning, he headed back to his vehicle. His son, seeing his dad go that way, also headed for the truck. The dad heard the son going through some thick brush, decided it might be a deer and shot, killing his son. An ambulance was called, but it was too late. The guy went home, wrote a letter explaining what happened to his wife, then went out back and ate a bullet. The wife came home from work to find the note, and then the husband. Just needless, stupid tragedy.

Over the years I've gotten after people who were doing things I believed to be dangerous. They sometimes got mad about it, but I never had to call someone's new widow and explain.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Sorry, didn't mean to divert from the OP.

Don't be. Your pain is as much as his, except you live with it every day for something you had nothing to do with. My ex did the same with my "stepdaughter" - I raised her from10 to 20 years of age. When we split because she couldn't understand that draining my 401K was wrong, she forbade her daughter from EVER speaking to me again (story of her life - she also forbade her inviting her own grandmother to her graduation when she graduated with a double major from Texas Tech).
    The one bit of advice I can offer you....find ways to get word to her that you still think of her, love her, and are always available. Via sympathetic family members, friends, whatever. Track her, try to find ways of reaching out - especially as she gets older. I did that with my "step" daughter (I put that in parenthesis because in my mind, she'll ALWAYS be my "baby girl").....for almost 18 years. She finally DID reach out one day - it was VERY "touch and go" for a while because she felt a huge amount of guilt. I reassured her that she had nothing to feel guilty about, because I knew just how "demanding" (I didn't want to use the words "bat-shit crazy and evil") her mother could be. Besides - she already KNEW that, she just needed to get fed up enough with it to make her own decision. Her mom died earlier this year, and while there's still challenges as she "goes against her mothers wishes" (per her mom's husband....who was also my ex-SO partner), she's finding her own legs, and our relationship continues to grow.
    Hang in there, buddy - and find ways to keep those communications open.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom