Lt. Uhura was a hottie.
    E7212544-9BFD-4A00-9F7C-ADC584907FFD.jpeg

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    She was an old hoe who porked Roddenberry while she knew he was married AND porking another girl. Her last years were spent abandoning her children for a con artist who took advantage of her dementia.

Good riddance.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    She was an old hoe who porked Roddenberry while she knew he was married AND porking another girl. Her last years were spent abandoning her children for a con artist who took advantage of her dementia.

Good riddance.
    Watch out for Karma. She's a spiteful bitch!

Makes me sort of curious to hear the eulogy given when you kick the bucket!

Especially given your sparkling and delightful personality!

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!

Good riddance.
    I was never into star Trek so this information while new to me is highly believable, after all we are talking Hollyweird.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Watch out for Karma. She's a spiteful bitch!

Makes me sort of curious to hear the eulogy given when you kick the bucket!

Especially given your sparkling and delightful personality!

I hope my eulogy is something along the lines of "Take this" or "Here" right before my rotting body is catapulted into La Vernia. I hate La Vernians.

Last edited:

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Roddenbury was an asshole. **** him. He was the harvey weinstien of his day.
    Plenty of women threw themselves at him to land a role in his TV shows.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Plenty of women threw themselves at him to land a role in his TV shows.

He was worse than Weinstein. Weinstein didn't threaten to financially hurt actors if they didn't let him be their agent and run their careers. Roddenberry wanted slaves.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    She and Shatner had the first iterracial kiss on a televised network program.

Stepchildren, aired on November 22, 1968, earned Shatner a footnote in the history of American race relations: a kiss that Captain Kirk planted on the lips of Lieutenant Uhura (Nichelle Nichols) is often cited as the first example of a white man kissing a black woman on scripted television in the United States
    BTW, she considered quitting Star Trek after the first season. The Reverend Dr Martin Luther King urged her to stick with it when she met him, because here she was, a black woman playing an officer in a military organization who had actual responsibilities and was shown to be hyper-competent and professional.
    Beyond the kiss, what I found more interesting was how far TOS was not willing to go.

The writers came up with one episode where the command staff was down on the planet, the ship came under fire, and several bridge officers were injured. The obvious thing to do was for Lt. Uhura to get in the big chair and take command so that's how they wrote the scene.

The writers didn't even send the script out for notes. They knew the network would never accept a script with a black woman taking command of the flagship of the fleet. So they rewrote the whole thing.

I've seen that incident discussed in a couple of interviews with TOS-involved parties so I believe it happened like that. It certainly would have been interesting to see the reaction it would have gotten back in the day.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    @London would find something tacky to say about Mother Theresa!

Uhhh...actually...

Mother Theresa was a heartless bitch. She truly believed that suffering was good for the soul so she didn't really do squat to help anyone. The poor and sick people who showed up at her clinics? She basically saw that they had a place to lie down while they remained sick and in pain because the sickness and pain would reap them rewards in the afterlife. But actually try to heal any significant percentage of them? Provide a clean place to sleep? Do anything to relieve pain? Hell, no. Not her. That sort of soft-heartedness was for the weak who did not understand the will of God like her anointed ass did.

But she was a hell of a fund raiser, I'll give her that.

Plenty of info out there for me not to have to say anything about that one. She said plenty of tacky things without my help.

No one should ever pass up a chance to disparage that piece of shit. I'm disappointed in you. :)

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Yeah, sometimes it's tough to separate the work from the person. Some awful people have created great things. Roddenbury deserves full credit for kicking off Star Trek and establishing the basic world in which it functioned.

After that? IMO, All things Star Trek would have been better if he'd voluntarily walked away from it soon after birthing it but, hey, he had a profitable (for several definitions of the word) franchise on his hands so he rode it way too hard for way too long.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Her last years were spent abandoning her children for a con artist who took advantage of her dementia.

Good riddance.

Because people with dementia have the capacity to make decisions like that for themselves. Wow. Way to talk out your ass about something you're obviously clueless about.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Because people with dementia have the capacity to make decisions like that for themselves. Wow. Way to talk out your ass about something you're obviously clueless about.

I've known several people with dementia, actually.

I never implied she was in full control of the situation, I'm pointing out she died like a loser- being used the way she she shallowly used others. She broke up a family and in the end had hers broken up by an opportunistic leech like she was.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    No one should ever pass up a chance to disparage that piece of shit. I'm disappointed in you. :)

Sorry I dissapointed you. I got into a bad motorcycle accident a few months ago and am still getting back into the swing of things. I'm working hard every day to regain my former boistrous iconoclasm and lack of tasteful dialogue.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Uhhh...actually...

Mother Theresa was a heartless bitch. She truly believed that suffering was good for the soul so she didn't really do squat to help anyone. The poor and sick people who showed up at her clinics? She basically saw that they had a place to lie down while they remained sick and in pain because the sickness and pain would reap them rewards in the afterlife. But actually try to heal any significant percentage of them? Provide a clean place to sleep? Do anything to relieve pain? Hell, no. Not her. That sort of soft-heartedness was for the weak who did not understand the will of God like her anointed ass did.

But she was a hell of a fund raiser, I'll give her that.

Sorry, didn't know that, but it was still in very poor taste to disparage someone after they died.

Karma will visit him one day and she's spiteful bitch!

Top Bottom