• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmclain3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Spring, TX
    Has anyone here used the Wilderness SafePacker and a concealed carry alternative? It seems like a great way to carry your 1911 concealed in your car or on your person. Some say you can't draw as fast with one but they look ideal for CC in hot weather. Opinions please?
    Target Sports

brainiac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Parker County
    When I'm carrying in my car, I want it on my person for gas and rest stops, not back in the car hanging on the seat belt.

Once you know what they are, they just scream "I'm armed" to me, just like someone wearing a fishing/photographers vest or a fanny pack. For the general population that doesn't know what they are, I guess they would just assume it's a man purse.

IMO there are better alternatives for car and hot weather carry, but YMMV. If you buy one, let us know how it works out for you.

ducksps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, Houston
    I use one often

Often in my day job I visit with clients and must wear business attire. I've used one for almost a year with no issue. I carry it like a day runner and no one asks what it is. With it being so obvious no one thinks a thing.

They are great,
    Chris

gunnut1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    Saginaw
    I carried my SIG 229 in a Safepacker when I lived in Colorado. A bit large but I like it. No one, (general public) ever stared at me. But then I was in a tourist state where you see all kind of butt pack and such. I recommend it. It does take a bit of practice got get the gun out and I wish I would have had a weak side mag carrier but other than that, they are great!

Top Bottom