• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    Can anyone tell me about the Saiga rifles in 7.62x39? Know nothing about them but am interested.

Saw one for $395 new....is that a good price?
    What's to know?

They're sporterized Kalashnikovs.

45 minutes with basic hand tools and some new AK furniture and you get something like this:

saiga556_662.jpg

Since the election furor has hit high speed, I can't comment on the price. Two weeks before the election, you could get a NIB Saiga in .223 or 7.62x39 from various vendors for around $300.

nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    I take that back....mine doesn't have the pistol grip...where did you get yours? Was it easy to put on?

Easy as fallin' off a log while drunk. The hard part is figuring out what you want it to look like when you're done (folding stock, fixed stock, etc).

You can do it in your garage in less than a hour with common hand tools.

If you're in the Houston area, I hold build parties often.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Easy as fallin' off a log while drunk. The hard part is figuring out what you want it to look like when you're done (folding stock, fixed stock, etc).

You can do it in your garage in less than a hour with common hand tools.

If you're in the Houston area, I hold build parties often.

Not in the Houston area, im near san antonio. i saw some kits require moving the trigger? i just want something that bolts right to the gun without changing anything mechanically.

nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    Not in the Houston area, im near san antonio. i saw some kits require moving the trigger? i just want something that bolts right to the gun without changing anything mechanically.

You can certainly use those, but you'll find the balance and ergos are much improved when you add a pistol grip and move the trigger group back to where Mr. Kalashnikov wanted it in the first place.

hoytinak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    ACE makes a couple of stocks with pistol grips that just bolt on but nalioth's right the ergos are gonna be off. Here's ACE's stocks: ACE LTD. USA

I'm in the process of converting my Saiga and it's not hard at all. I've got everything done, just waiting for the side folding stock I ordered to get here. Here's my work-in-process:

Here's a great writeup on converting the Saiga (not mine but what I went off of): Saiga Step 1

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Now you guys have me curious about the conversion....I would like to do it with someone that has done one before. Anyone near San Antonio that would be willing to meet up and walk me through knocking this out? I am gonna take a look at the web and see what I can find.

Top Bottom