• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    So, here i am, looking at guns online again.

What i am seeing, tends to put saiga kalashnikov style rifles in :

.308 around $600
    7.62x39 around $4-500
    12 ga, around 5-600 bucks.

I know how people love to price their guns online, and that averages vary from state to state, but as far as locally, (texas) how does this jibe with off the shelf pricing?

really, i am most interesded in the .308. and secondarily in the 12 ga. (i jsut see so much potential in this one for novelty more than anyhting)

what does this group of internetprice police and gunshop afficinados have to say?

Capitol Armory ad

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    cool. just making sure, last time i got a gun online, i didnt bother doing any market research..... ended up seeing it on the self for 60-70 bucks less.
    that was ammo money! plus i wouldnt have had to wait for the mail ;)

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    well there is always a chance that you will find one later for less...thats just the nature of the beast. used guns are like used cars, each one is different and will demand a different price. remember, a good deal is a state of mind.

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    LoL misread your post,

thought you said "the 12'' and 19'' inch barrels"

awesome thanks. particular store or jsut average?

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    When you say a Saiga in 7.62x39, you're talking about a wide range of rifles!

For example, I picked up a Arsenal SGL20-41 for $645 + tax this weekend at the SAXET show...

View attachment 4239

But a Saiga Sporter in that same caliber can run half that price.

However, it takes a lot of modifications to make that Sporter look and act like a "real" AK. You have to (at a minimum) modify or add the fire control group (trigger, hammer, disconnector), buttstock, pistol grip and pistol grip nut, handguard and gas piston, as well as modify the bulet guide so it will take regualr AK magazines. Plus, any conversion would have to comply with Title 18 USC Section 922r.

SGL20/21 modifications are done by Legion Ltd, the custom shop of the legendary Izhmash Factory in Russia where the AK is made, then are remodified by Arsenal to make them 922r-compliant. It is the closest thing you will get to a true AK-103 for the price. They go for ~$800-900 on GunBroker, and rarely show up on TGT (there was a SGL21 for sale recently, but the seller turned out to be bogus and that ad disappeared). I was surprised to find one at this price and if you're interested it was from Alan at AJC Sports. I've bought several Springfield 1911s from him and he usually has some of the best prices at the show because he does volume sales. If you're interested, I'd contact him as he had one left on Sunday morning when I got mine and he may still have it. He's located in Clute, southwest of Galveston.

Cheers! M2

dobarker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Sonora
    LoL misread your post,

thought you said "the 12'' and 19'' inch barrels"

awesome thanks. particular store or jsut average?

It's a particular store. There's only one particular fellow in Lubbock that offers good service and good prices, the rest are insane. But when talking to him, he said that's what they should be on average at the majority of shops that carry them.

Wraith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2009
    DFW
    Love the Saiga's! Last one I bought was $259 and converted it at the house with a dremel, fully compliant including mods for AK mags, not tough to do at all, including building my own bullet guide.
    Best price online on Saiga's I have found is Classic Arms out of NC, Classic Arms Inc. Last time I was in Killeen I couldn't believe factory Saiga's going for $550.

dadoo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    I picked up a Saiga 7.62x39 at a gun show here in the Dallas area for 299.00. I don't see any need to reconfigure my rifle to a "standard AK" look, I like it the way it is, so no extra cost except for a new hi-cap mag and a scope mount and scope. Pigs and deer won't care what it looks like
    saiga.gif

Stumpy

Landman/Presbyterian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Slaton, TX
    I was at a gun store in midland the other day and saw a Saiga 308 for about $550 or something like that, and I started thinking about it for my next purchase. approx what kind of grouping can you get with those? theyre something i have no experience in.

Top Bottom