• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OnyxATX

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I'm looking into one for a 300 blackout build, as well as tossing on my 5.56 with the different end plate. For smaller barrels, this one is seeming pretty appealing. (Range about 150-200 meters tops for these builds)

I'm curious on how it may run on my Remington 700 in .308. I know it's not really a can designed for longer range shooting (from my understanding) but I was curious on real world experience for both sound suppression and affecting the POI at ranges say out to 500 meters.
    Texas SOT

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    They've just been released to the public for Form 4 transfer so you're not going to see personal reviews on them until approvals starting coming back in a few months.

Robo4642

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2014
    Sweet can. I haven't shot one, but I love my sparrow and octane 9 so I know they make a great product. Best part about the Saker is the ability to mount it on AAC 51t mounts. Since I have an M4-2000 that makes it compatible with all my rifles. Hell I'll probably just buy the AAC 7.62 mounts and keep them all the same. Can't wait to get one.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    I'd switch over to the silencerco mount, myself. It latches firmer than the AAC 51T and won't strip teeth over time. Also, S-Co's Trifecta mount's prongs are designed not to ping like a tuning fork.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    I'd switch over to the silencerco mount, myself. It latches firmer than the AAC 51T and won't strip teeth over time. Also, S-Co's Trifecta mount's prongs are designed not to ping like a tuning fork.

That's a huge plus, that shit is annoying. So, the AAC SDN6 will mount to the trifecta mount as well, correct?

sent from Jennifer Lawrence's bedroom

OnyxATX

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    Austin, TX
    It's my understanding it's basically the can, then you screw in the mount for either AAC 51T, YHM, or the SilencerCo stuff... so three mounts to screw into one can depending on the muzzle device you've got on there. That being said, the mount is SUPER easy to take on and off.

I could be wrong on this (please tell me if I am). So you can use whatever muzzle device you want, but you need the correct mount for the can.

Still not 100% sure on this, but that's the information I've gathered from playing with them in person and researching online. That being said, I didn't want to pick up a demo can with the 51T mount and try to slap it onto a Trifecta flash hider or just start playing legos with things that aren't mine.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    It's my understanding it's basically the can, then you screw in the mount for either AAC 51T, YHM, or the SilencerCo stuff... so three mounts to screw into one can depending on the muzzle device you've got on there. That being said, the mount is SUPER easy to take on and off.

I could be wrong on this (please tell me if I am). So you can use whatever muzzle device you want, but you need the correct mount for the can.

Still not 100% sure on this, but that's the information I've gathered from playing with them in person and researching online. That being said, I didn't want to pick up a demo can with the 51T mount and try to slap it onto a Trifecta flash hider or just start playing legos with things that aren't mine.
    You are correct. As long as youve got a 51t, yhm or asr muzzle device on your gun the saker can mount to it. You simply need to buy the corresponding MAAD module for the can to swap out so the can can mate to your muzzke device. With that said the maad module is expensive at $200 so unless youve got a ton of one brand mount IMO it makes more sense to seap all of them to the saker trifecta muzzke devices. That mount system is the best out there and works well.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    You are correct. As long as youve got a 51t, yhm or asr muzzle device on your gun the saker can mount to it. You simply need to buy the corresponding MAAD module for the can to swap out so the can can mate to your muzzke device. With that said the maad module is expensive at $200 so unless youve got a ton of one brand mount IMO it makes more sense to seap all of them to the saker trifecta muzzke devices. That mount system is the best out there and works well.

What kind of poi shifts are you seeing using these mounts?

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    What kind of poi shifts are you seeing using these mounts?

Have not seen any tests for that yet. Once my liberty american (chaotic) gets to silencershop I'll get Mark or Levi to go to the range with me to try it out and my bowers vers50 on my 458 and I'll get them to bring my buddys saker thats in nfa jail there. He has a pretty accurate ar10 that i load for that should be a good tesr bed for poi shift. Thats one of my next cans to buy along with wanting to get the surefire ryder on a db meter. Im sure there will be some shift but the main point is with the way the saker mount indexes the can always has to go on the same way regardless of carbom buildup so itll be rock solid repeatable.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    Have not seen any tests for that yet. Once my liberty american (chaotic) gets to silencershop I'll get Mark or Levi to go to the range with me to try it out and my bowers vers50 on my 458 and I'll get them to bring my buddys saker thats in nfa jail there. He has a pretty accurate ar10 that i load for that should be a good tesr bed for poi shift. Thats one of my next cans to buy along with wanting to get the surefire ryder on a db meter. Im sure there will be some shift but the main point is with the way the saker mount indexes the can always has to go on the same way regardless of carbom buildup so itll be rock solid repeatable.

That's good to hear. If I get this job I interviewed for, that is the forst thing I am purchasing, is a bunch of cans, and sbr a few lowers

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    I did not test for POI shift.

Anecdotally here is is what I experienced.

i installed the trifecta flashider, untimed, on my 18" POF piston.

i attached the 556 and shot it at 200yds hitting Clay pigeons

I attached the 762 saker. Shot for sound impression.

removed the 762 saker, changed end caps to the 556 reattached and shot clay pigeons at 200yds.

so, take what you will re POI shift in the system and mounts.

it has a sample size of one.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    I did not test for POI shift.

Anecdotally here is is what I experienced.

i installed the trifecta flashider, untimed, on my 18" POF piston.

i attached the 556 and shot it at 200yds hitting Clay pigeons

I attached the 762 saker. Shot for sound impression.

removed the 762 saker, changed end caps to the 556 reattached and shot clay pigeons at 200yds.

so, take what you will re POI shift in the system and mounts.

it has a sample size of one.

Not too shabby

OnyxATX

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    Austin, TX
    POI shift was strong on my 700 in .308... however that is due to a couple things and probably not the can itself. I hadn't zeroed the glass, and went to the range. I installed a brake, then the can. My elevation was down, so I cranked the turret to a 450 yard zero and was dead on.

My 300 BLK AR had the brake on it already and was zeroed. I tossed the can on and off and didn't see any noticeable shift.

For what it's worth, I wouldn't be worried about a shift inside 200 yards with the can on and off. With the 700, it's going to require some more testing... as it seems the shift was more related to the brake being put on than the actual can.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    This may not have any relevance to your Saker application, but here goes...

I bought a Mark 13 SD, and mounted the 91T brake on my rifle. With only the brake, my rifle went from a ~2 MOA to a 5 MOA rifle. The bullets just do not seem to group well anymore. It may be a bad ammo choice, so I plan to try some Superperformance .308 instead of the PRVI I was using. The PRVI 150g ammo has always worked very well in this rifle. There did not seem to be any POI shift with or without the suppressor. Although it was hard to tell with 5 MOA accuracy.

None of my other suppressors has had similar results. They just appeared to shoot slightly low, about an inch at 100 yds.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    I shot side by side on an 8" 300blk this weekend with a saker and specwar. To the ear there was no difference. Really makes me wish when I bought my specwar that the saker was out. POI shift was minimal on my buddys 16" 308.

Top Bottom