• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Got an opportunity to try out one of Sako's Competition bolt rifles last weekend and I really enjoyed it. This is by far the best bolt-gun I've ever got the chance to try out.

Sako is produced in Finland, and has a long heritage of manufacture for the Fins. They produced custom and improved spin-offs of the Mosin-Nagant M91 to the most prolific sniper of WWII; which featured a completely bedded action. They are now imported to the US by Beretta USA.

The TRG-22 has a completely adjustable platform for competition. The trigger pull weight, overtravel, and even the tilt, yes tilt, of the trigger are adjustable. The rear comb and stock length are adjustable to fit the shooter. The trigger breaks as crisp as a trigger can possibly break, and with a good muzzle break and the weight of the rifle there is very little jump, or kick for that matter (not that .308 has much to begin with).

To gauge the accuracy of this rifle, the owner routinely brings in a sheet of paper with 1/2" diameter dots on it and proceeds to shoot all of them with about 95% accuracy. However, I am not to that point yet.

This is at 100 yards with mixed loads using 175 gr. Sierra Match King, and approx. 43 - 44 gr. of Varget.

sako.jpg

The diamond in the center has a 1" width. Fired 5 shots.
    Lynx Defense

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    Youre making me VERY jealous The TRG is my #1 production tactical/comp rifle. They are just bad ass. Had chance to get behind on a while ago and came away VERY impressed. IMO its a much better platform that the AI series at a better price point to boot. Theer is a very good reason why my credit cards stay at home or in the car when I go to McBrides lately. They have one on the shelf just screaming my name.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Sakos are indeed quality rifles. Here is a picture of my pre Garcia Finnbear. It was my Dad's, and when I brought it home last December, the airlines broke the stock, so I had it restocked with a composite. Not as nice as the wood, but with the barrel free floated, it's 1/2 MIA with off the self ammo.

Sako-6OPM.gif

Top Bottom