• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • speedracer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    houston
    does anybody in the Houston area know of a shooting range that has different 22 revolvers that my wife could shoot to see which one fits her hand,she has a grip problem?thanks
    Texas SOT

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Are you talking about a self defense type gun or is she looking for a 'fun' gun. I've got a Colt single action (cowboy style gun) in .22LR if she wants to try that.

Also post what part of town, that might help.

speedracer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    houston
    I was looking for a 7-9 shot 4".I have 2 6" but I would like to get her a 4"I have 2 22 auto she likes to shoot,but it is hard for her to pull the slide back.We looked at the Taurus,but it is barrel heavy.I bid on a 4" old model Taurus,but was not home for the last bids and lost it by 1 cent.She liked the feel of the 2" Taurus but I think it would be hard for her to hit with it.She would use it for plinking and home protection.thanksWhat is Athena a gun range?

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    What is Athena a gun range?

Yes, one of the more upscale public ranges in the Houston area. It's near the intersection of the Katy Freeway and the Sam Houston Toll Road.

Have you had her look at and try the slide on the Walther P-22 or the Ruger SR-22?? Both of those are pretty easy to manipulate.

speedracer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    houston
    Thanks,she likes the look of the ruger sr-22.We are going to go look at both,but the main thing is if she can pull the slide back.

speedracer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    houston
    Well I got her the ruger sr22.She shot it and liked it,but had a little trouble locking her wrist causing it to jam.I had her shooting at 10' and she could keep in the black most of the time.Does anybody have any suggestions on a cheaper laser for it.thanks

Top Bottom