• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yooper_sjd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Christoval
    just wondering if there be anyone in the san angelo area???

Group shoot?
    just plinken?
    Just Thinken?
    Organize a shoot for local Disabled Vets?

I be new here, but on a few other boards, and just putting out feelers.

yoop
    Hurley's Gold

Leadpot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Ballinger,Tx.
    There is a little get together just a few miles out of Winters but I understand thats its sml. bore and maybe air rifles but not real sure if its opened to anybody or you have to be a member. I can see a range as you drive by ..but its off to the north of this big house. Sorry.. Thats All I know . Good luck.

esheato

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    San Angelo, TX
    I'm here...

I'm new to town and would like to meet some shooters.

I'm out on the lake, but am at SAGC or the local shops on the weekends.

Ed

Leadpot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Ballinger,Tx.
    Not to many shooters from the concho area here on TGT. Mostly all from the bigger cities. The only gun ranges I'm familiar with is Devil's Mountain out on 277 going North towards Bronte. It might be 7 miles out or so. The other range is in Robert lee. I used to frequent the one in Robert Lee and Devil's Mountain on occasion. When I did shoot a lot we went to Abilene, Sweetwater for IHMSA shoots. Now most everyone I know is retired or doesn't do the circuit anymore so I myself got out also. Now its just plinking in the back yard . Good luck to ya.

Hunter_Man

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    san angelo
    i'm in san angelo! you should check out the san angelo gun club. membership is like 75$ a year, and they give you a key to the range! go out any time you want, literally! no charge. a lot nicer range than devil's mountain. it'd down arden road about 5-6 miles. head west down arden out of town and you'll see a big sign on your left. you can go by field and streams to get a membership and key. can't beat it for the price! there's a lot of shoots out there. there's what they call IPSEC shoots i believe out there every 4th sunday of the month. LOTS of people out there for those...

esheato

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    San Angelo, TX
    Devils Mountain--I wasn't aware of this one...but I went to check it out. It's in pretty poor shape, but it'll work just fine. They have an area for long range too. Membership is a bit much for what you get, but there aren't many options.

SAGC--Already a member there. Lots of shoots, nice members....just want something longer and more private.

Thanks for the heads up,

Ed

tmd11111

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Angelo, Tx
    San Angelo here also but currently working in Yuma, Az. Warmer winters for sure. I've been to Devils Mountain a few times in the past. It used to be like $5 a day and I think this past September then started a $75 yearly membership. Sure hope some of the money goes towards improving the place. The Arden Rd range is alot nicer.

Tom

Hunter_Man

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    san angelo
    i just heard from the guy that runs the SAGC that they are planning on revamping the entire place this summer I believe. they're talking about putting in a 500 yd range, and a bunch more stuff. they just got a dozer repaired so they can start excavating. that will be super cool!

gcrisp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Menard, Texas
    Hey guys I am from Menard, about 60 miles from Angelo. I am always up for a shoot, if you ever need any company let me know, I have a pretty flexible schedule and lots of toys. I have never tried the ranges there, usually just plinking in the pasture but I would like to try the ranges.

TxCoyote

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    Odessa Texas
    I am in Odessa, we have a range in Midland and a shotgun range between Odessa and Midland. I know it is a longer drive but you could check
    us out when possible. We are hoping to build one in Odessa at a later time, all we need is the money.

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    San Angelo here...have been talking to a buddy who has a private range of maybe having a BBQ meet, greet and shoot later in the summer. Give people a chance to talk and make some new friends!

regunner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    west texas
    Eldorado here. theres a public range in ozona south of town turn left just before the cemetery the only place i shoot here is at the sherif
    departments shooting range good friends volteer fire fighter and E M S so have full access to it i wish there was a public range somewere close
    when i lived in woodward oklahoma a group formed and started having raffels and fund raisers and came up fith the funds and got state
    grants that are out there and also a grant from the N R A to build the range with the gurantee it would always remain open to the public
    somthing like that would be great we just need to get it started we need someone who is good at running the ideas and getting it started
    the local private gun club was real helpfull in helping and letting us do raffels during there shoots. and they were good shooters helping shooters

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    damn that is some seriously pretty country out there!!!! i get to come through there twice a year.... but maybe i could come out once a year for a shoot

Top Bottom