• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadpot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Ballinger,Tx.
    Haven't been to a gunshow in Angelo in quite awhile. When I had the money ...I didn't have the time. Now I have the time...but no money. Can't win for losing.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Is it worth the three-hour drive from San Antonio? I've got nothing else going on this weekend; but after driving to Houston for a weak show late last year, and the Denton show a few weeks ago that was equally unimpressive, I am a bit hesitant to drive that far (200+ miles) unless I know it's worth it.

Plus I am kinda gun broke at the moment, but the credit card is nearly paid off!

Cheers! M2

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    As with any of them, it's hit or miss...this one looks to be promising...250 tables were available, and it looks like it sold out.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Hmmmmmm.....I had thought about driving up to Austin tomorrow to hit a few of the shops there, now I am wondering if I should just head up to San Angelo instead! It's about double the distance, and I haven't had much luck at gun shows I've driven far to attend.

Plus, we've got the biug SAXET show in north SA next weekend, and I just went to the lousy TGS show in Live Oak last weekend and the monthly SAXET show the weekend before that where I bought two rifles.

Decisions, decisions!!

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    I'll be out there when the doors open tomorrow morning at 9:00 and will try to get on to post some pictures and a SIT-REP for anyone interested!

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    The gun show was ok...no real deals, though I did manage to find a new holster, a couple of straps, some killer salsa, killer fidge and got to watch the excitement of local LEO coming in and picking up a couple of items that were believed to be stolen.

When I walked out it looked like a raid was getting ready to happen...from the 6 SAPD and 4 TGCSO cars that rolled up! In the end two TGCSO officers went in, talked to the guy at the table and walked out with a gun and a sword.

Glad it wasn't anything major!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I ended up going to the TGS show in Austin, it wasn't anything special either and I walked out empty-handed.

It was better than their show in Live Oak last weekend, but I am confirming that any TGS show just ain't worth going to...

Next weekend is the SAXET show in north San Antonio (Stone Oak area), now that one's usually worth going to!

Cheers! M2

Top Bottom