• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    I can tell we're gonna have some fun here lol, we're new to SA originally from the Corpus Christi area and have been living out in komifornia at Camp Pendleton so it would be great to get some info on good ranges and shops here, always interested in new shooting buddies as well. As for your shoes I understand you want the job done right the first time but don't you think it's about time you learn to do it yourself?

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    As for your shoes I understand you want the job done right the first time but don't you think it's about time you learn to do it yourself?

Why - are we runnin' outta Marines?!??<worried look> flamethrow.jpg

An' thanks for takin' it in the way intended!

I like Dietz - Bexar Community Range is decent as well. Superb gun show at the Freeman Coliseum this weekend - ya ought to plan to make it.

Welcome ta shoot any time, as long as you understand that God made 1911's - and the Air Farce made Glocks!

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Why - are we runnin' outta Marines?!??<worried look> View attachment 13795

No but only did it in the first place to say thanks for the rides but since I'm no longer using your taxi service I feel I must let you leave the nest sometime. And of course, any serviceman who takes offense to good hearted rivalry from another must not have ever served in any real capacity with any other branch, get into it with my Sailor grandfather all the time. And you can rest assured I am packing a 1911, don't much care for polymer pistols.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    No but only did it in the first place to say thanks for the rides but since I'm no longer using your taxi service I feel I must let you leave the nest sometime. And of course, any serviceman who takes offense to good hearted rivalry from another must not have ever served in any real capacity with any other branch, get into it with my Sailor grandfather all the time. And you can rest assured I am packing a 1911, don't much care for polymer pistols.

Oh, damn....nuthin' but WIN here!

Hey, Glockie-Poo.....ya payin' attention?!?? It's an inside joke - we've got a fellow member who, after repeatedly being dropped on his head, has adopted "Glock" into his screen name. I think it's to make up for the fact that a hungry hamster gnawed his 'nads off as a child....

Armyguy80

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2012
    Cibolo
    Darkhorse, welcome..... Even though you are a jarhead (always need a few good knuckle draggers) Ive found Cedar Ridge to be my favorite range. Like yourself Im always looking for some range buddies. Hit me up. Im assuming youre now at Ft. Sam/BAMC/SAMMC, I just retired last year and know that place well, my new job also has me there daily so if you have any questions need help let me know.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Oh, damn....nuthin' but WIN here!

Hey, Glockie-Poo.....ya payin' attention?!?? It's an inside joke - we've got a fellow member who, after repeatedly being dropped on his head, has adopted "Glock" into his screen name. I think it's to make up for the fact that a hungry hamster gnawed his 'nads off as a child....

Lesin your gonna prove sumptin wit dem overpriced paperweights, ewe stay da hell out the bijou city un I promise not ta fire on the Alamo.

A group of capybara ended my family tree while a single pygmy jerboa saved society from your gene pool spillage. It was still hungry.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Actually I just honorably separated so I'm a "nasty civilian" once again and here on my own free will. I have some family out here and my brother-in-law took me some outdoor range that was just outside of town, can't remember the name but overall it was a good range but the people that ran it (older couple) seemed to hate their job and anyone that came there, at least that's the vibe I got. But I'll definitely have to get out there and check out a few in the area.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    took me some outdoor range that was just outside of town, can't remember the name but overall it was a good range but the people that ran it (older couple) seemed to hate their job and anyone that came there, at least that's the vibe I got. But I'll definitely have to get out there and check out a few in the area.

Sounds like Bracken - they hate everyone....

And, before I forget - Thank You for your service!

As you'll soon see on here, ah've got the 1911 bug purty good - have several of 'em, an' always lookin' for another!

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Well thank you for your support, and I love 1911's but I actually have been looking into the XD's or something similar as I'm going to be getting my CCL here soon and want something a little smaller for everyday carry. I've been having trouble resizing it so I can use it as my avatar but I have a Kimber Stainless II 1911 that's a special custom 1st Marine Division OEF 2010-2011 from my last deployment.

IMAG0597.jpg

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I can tell we're gonna have some fun here lol, we're new to SA originally from the Corpus Christi area and have been living out in komifornia at Camp Pendleton so it would be great to get some info on good ranges and shops here, always interested in new shooting buddies as well. As for your shoes I understand you want the job done right the first time but don't you think it's about time you learn to do it yourself?

Welcome!

Our forum's San Antonio crew is a pretty active bunch on the forum. We're always getting together for private shoots and gun show trips and whatnot. :)

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    5hrs - is this a record time for corrupting the new guy?

Haha I wouldn't say you've corrupted me like I said just looking for something smaller for CC, I have also been putting a lot of thought into the Kimber solo carry pistols but price is gonna be a big factor as well. Anyways I don't hate on others for what they like just never really liked the polymer frames, shot my buddy's Glock 19 and thought the thing just didn't fit well in my hands (wife thought the same for her) though her brother has the full size XD 40 and I kinda liked it. That STI does look mighty fine, also looking for something for the wife. Like I said I'm always down to find new friends who like to shoot so that's always a plus, we're gonna be living on the NE side of town close to the rolling oaks mall, looking for work right now though not a career just something to pay the bills that'll be flexible enough to allow me to pursue college, might as well take advantage of my GI Bill benefits.

Top Bottom