• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    just something to pay the bills that'll be flexible enough to allow me to pursue college, might as well take advantage of my GI Bill benefits.

Check out University of Maryland University College (UMUC). Their campus is in Maryland but the bulk of their students are enrolled in online courses and they have a ton of military using military TA and the Montgomery GI bill paying for their tuition.
    ARJ Defense ad

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Got out to A Place To Shoot today for some pistol shooting, my BIL brought a few of his out and tried out his XD 45 just didn't feel right after I had put a few downrange with the 1911. It's kind of a distance from me but I enjoyed it though it does suck about all the trouble going on with the rifle range will remember to bring the shotgun next time though.

Angeleyes

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    every other week or whenever im free from class i go to a place to shoot and shoot my lr 308 and g23 i like the week days less people.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    What time ya goin? I'm pretty new to guns and Texas but just recently bought a Kahr CW9 that I'd like to get familiar with.

Probably sometime around noonish if I don't decide to sleep in (it is my day off after all) I'm leaning towards Cedar Ridge as I like the separated bays better, will post here tomorrow before I head out for sure though.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Since nobody replied back I ended up getting caught up in some chores but I am physically leaving for the range now, car is loaded and just making the post. I'm gonna try and get the 100 yard range and will be a chubby white guy with a beard wearing a black MOLON LABE shirt if you decide to head out, if not then I'll enjoy some alone time with my guns.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Man that was much needed, only two others at the range and they were at a different area so had the whole place to myself.

pe6upe9u.jpg

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Dang man. I wish I could go during the week.

It's nice but I hate having a schizophrenic schedule that only gets put out a week at a time, one week I'm off Saturday and Thursday, the next week Sunday and Tuesday, this week was Tuesday and Wednesday, makes it hard to plan things unless I specifically request off.

OlyMedic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    San Antonio, TX
    So this thread appears to suck. Is anyone actively trying to get together and shoot some shit or what? I'm at Fort Sam Houston, mostly been shooting at Camp Bullis but I'm down to go where ever (caveat: I can find some damn ammo) to get the chance to get together and fire some weapons with some like minded individuals. Anyone still interested in the SA area?

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I shoot at Bullis as well, it's a great range but it would be nice if we could bring guests on occasion.

Actually, I am also over at Ft Sam all this week teaching over by the Quadrangle.

But your best opportunity to meet folks from this forum is at gun shows as we usually eat breakfast beforehand. There is one this weekend at 410 and Marbach, and those going are going to be at IHOP just in front of the venue at 8am on Saturday if you want to join them. Still not sure if I can make it, but there is a bigger/better show on 23-24 March near the AT&T center. We'll be going that Sunday as I have training that Saturday. Details will be posted in this section of this forum.

Cheers! M2

TexasHawkeye

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    So this thread appears to suck. Is anyone actively trying to get together and shoot some shit or what? I'm at Fort Sam Houston, mostly been shooting at Camp Bullis but I'm down to go where ever (caveat: I can find some damn ammo) to get the chance to get together and fire some weapons with some like minded individuals. Anyone still interested in the SA area?

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43034 SA Group Range Day March 30th 2013

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.

^^^This

&

Also as far as finding ammo locally, and I'll speak for myself, I've just stopped looking. When you factor in the mileage and what your time is worth, a round that cost .30 cents in store winds up costing about as much as it is to just order online. Of course you need to be in a position to be online through out the day and be ready to buy in bulk.

Top Bottom