• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Seems if someone's taxes paid for the road they would have reason to care about what it displays, regardless of who pays for the paint.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I would. That type of display represents neither me, nor my interests. In fact, the very act of painting a street with such displays simply caters to a segment of society that has become obsessed with forcing their views and opinions on others. A billboard on privately owned property...have at it. Painting up public property payed for by the tax payers, NYET.

I can't think of any reason why things like this should be considered ok. Whether it's a rainbow crosswalk or Confederate Flag intersection.

If we will be making painted streets the new free speech platform then I should be able to pick up a few cans at home depot and go wild, but that's illegal. Streets are painted in order to inform drivers of the streets purpose and prevent accidents, not inform drivers that someones gay and here to stay.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Not pushing an agenda (wow it just got suddenly dark here). I just think it looks really cool, and would be neat near a zoo or something. This is what happens when your youngest graduates and is about to be off to UT. I think I am moving directly from parent mode to grandad mode (better not be yet!)

rainbow-8-450x253.jpg

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    An advertisement for sodomy has no business on public property. You think it does?
    Must have missed the advertisement for marriage. I just see a multicolored pedestrian crossing lane. Pretty pretty.

and this of course. I saw one Sunday, appropriately enough.
    Genesis 9:16 (NIV) “Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.”

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Not pushing an agenda (wow it just got suddenly dark here). I just think it looks really cool, and would be neat near a zoo or something. This is what happens when your youngest graduates and is about to be off to UT. I think I am moving directly from parent mode to grandad mode (better not be yet!)

rainbow-8-450x253.jpg

How is it not? If not, why not paint it red, white, and blue? That would look much better IMO.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Must have missed the advertisement for marriage. I just see a multicolored pedestrian crossing lane. Pretty pretty.

and this of course. I saw one Sunday, appropriately enough.
    Genesis 9:16 (NIV) “Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.”

You're being disingenuous.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    I would. That type of display represents neither me, nor my interests. In fact, the very act of painting a street with such displays simply caters to a segment of society that has become obsessed with forcing their views and opinions on others. A billboard on privately owned property...have at it. Painting up public property payed for by the tax payers, NYET.
    I concur. It is a political message for a special interest group. Hands off public property. You want to wear a rainbow shirt, have at it.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Not at all. I understand its a gay symbol, but its and older symbol then that. On one wall at our church we have a cool rainbow. I just think it looks neat and the many colors would fit SA's Mexican heritage.

See the above post. The meaning is obvious and hasn't even been hidden...or glossed over. In fact, it was advertised as part of an agenda.

You are making yourself look dishonest. I found that link with only a 2 work google search, "Houston Crosswalk". Nothing to encourage any LGBTQRSTUV results. It was halfway down the first page preceded only by links to an organization that's actually called "Houston Crosswalk".

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Like I said, just looks cool to me. Would be neat in downtown Houston as a contrast to most of these dreary looking buildings. We don't have some of the cooler older buildings SA has.

You are making yourself look dishonest. I found that link with only a 2 work google search, "Houston Crosswalk".
    It had already been mentioned in the beginning of the thread. You're just late to the party Youngie!

As I said, if I lived in SA this is not what I would be worried about, but the fact your city is actively running out of water and you's all gonna die. :)

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rjdearinger2
    Top Bottom