San Antonio - black AK with custom work

Discussion in 'Stolen Property & Criminality' started by M. Sage, Oct 17, 2009.

1. M. Sage

M. Sage TGT Addict

Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Stolen from a truck in Costco's parking lot: Norinco MAK-90 rifle with added AK-103 style side-folding polymer stock and polymer fore-end. The stock looks like a standard plastic AK stock except for a big dimple in the left side to clear an optics mount (not present on this rifle). The sling mount on the butt end will be on the right side of the rifle with the stock extended, and there is a button that protrudes from the butt plate to unlock the stock from the rifle for unfolding into firing position.

Pistol grip is a Tapco SAW grip, not a standard "skinny" AK grip. Has an AK-74 style muzzle brake that never got clocked. The barrel was threaded to add the brake, but we never got around to adding hardware to clock it, and the front sight base on the post-ban Norinco didn't even have the plunger to clock and lock a muzzle device. Also, it lacks a bayonet lug because of the '94 ban.

Was in a compact black assault rifle case with mag pouches on the side. One pouch should hold a green sling meant for a Yugo underfolder.

Also missing - a bunch of keys with a big fat yellow lanyard (meant to drop your gear bag on an airborne jump) and a backpack with gym clothes and a small FM radio/headphones.

If you see the rifle at the range - and there can't be many like it if any, it's very unique - call SAPD or if you have my phone number feel free to call me (this is not my rifle, however). Or just put one behind the thief's ear if you want. I don't have a serial number, but will see if InnocentBystander wants to post it.

ETA: Rifle is extremely similar to this: http://www.sturmgewehr.com/bhinton/AK/AK103.LR.jpg Except that it does not have a side mount optics rail, the pistol grip (the SAW grip is much fatter, with deep horizontal grooves) and being a Norinco it has a full globe front sight protector instead of just the half-circle "ears" of a standard AK type.

Like I said; this is a pretty unique rifle if you know what you're looking at.

2. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    That sucks.

I had a sinking feeling yesterday on my way to B/CS ... I forgot to lock my safe.

3. Wolfwood

Wolfwood Self Appointed Board Chauvinist TGT Supporter

May 12, 2009
    holy batshit robin.
    people are crazy!
    will keep my eyes peeled!

4. M. Sage

M. Sage TGT Addict

Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Thanks! It would be nice to see it come home.

5. TexasRedneck

TexasRedneck 1911 Nut Lifetime Member

Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Keep yer eyes peeled at the gun shows, too!

6. Innocent-Bystander

Innocent-Bystander New Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Here is the serial number. 9322893

7. M. Sage

M. Sage TGT Addict

Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I'll definitely keep an eye open at the gun shows. It would be awesome to find the thieves and see them get their just desserts.

8. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I'll keep my eyes open at the pawn shops down here. I doubt the terds came this far but you never know.

9. Innocent-Bystander

Innocent-Bystander New Member

Jan 21, 2009
  10. pawncop

pawncop Active Member

Aug 11, 2008
    TEXAS
    Will add this to my watch list and share with local shops.

Hope it is recovered soon, and the more eyes and ears that are out there looking and listening the better your chances are.

Have you filed a police report? That is essential to get it into NCIC.