• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RiverCity.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    San Antonio
    I have been going to the Powderhorn for years. They are small, and sometimes it get's crowded, but the attention they give to everyone is great.
    +1 on Powderhorn. I only recently discovered it (it's waaay on the other side of town for me), but I found they have a decent selection and fairly good prices. I recently purchased an AK from them. I could have found one cheaper online, but after adding in the shipping and FFL charges, it would have been the same, so I went for it.
    DK Firearms

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    On another sad note.....Canyon Sporting Arms is shutting down, as well. I really hate it - I've come to consider Tip Burns a friend, and his wife Dona's a real sweetheart.<sigh> He and Chris over at Hogun's are the only two folks I've come to know well enough to trust with my guns, and Tip's always been great to work with when I had guns shipped in.
    Seems to me we've got a member here that is up in San Marcos that's an FFL.....is he a smith as well, or what? Contact info?

Designated

Senior Unobtanium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    Killeen
    Like other's I like The Powderhorn myself. Not a huge store but the employees were friendly and the prices are fair.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    The Powderhorn is about all we have left in SA. I trusted Wayne more but since he's gone (or at least I think so, I'll verify that later today) it's the only shop I'll go to.

But for smithing I will still drive down to Alex at Dreadnaught Industries, it's a bit of a haul for me being that I'm up near Helotes; but I'd willing to go the extra mile for someone I know will do the job right!

Cheers! M2

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom