• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sergeant69

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 6, 2016
    san marcos tx
    Why would you say anything at all?

ok, i read it again. and copied and pasted it. no he didn't say say the sign was illegal (meaningless). the above sentence was what pissed me off. HOWEVER.......... i will admit that i took it to mean he said that to me, when in fact he MAY have meant... why say anything to the business. IF thats the case then YES i overracted. but i reserve the right to be a little suspicious of which one it was.
    Lynx Defense

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    i DID tone it down. he asked why i would post it in the first place. the answer is obvious, i posted it because its a topic of interest to everyone. he was just looking for a reaction and he got one. a lot of people posted intelligent observations and comments. his was "why would you bother in the first place". not thanks for letting us know, its an illegal sign etc etc. he pushed and got pushed back. and he knows it.

The topic was of interest the first 3-4 times it was brought up at least 10 years ago. Personally I like those signs because I know I can ignore them. I don't want them exchanged for the correct signs.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Too bad they didn't have one of those signs for James Huberty.

I found this interesting, quoted from Wikipedia....

"On July 25, 1987, the California Court of Appeal affirmed summary judgment for the defendants because (1) McDonald's or any other business has no duty of care to protect patrons from an unforeseeable assault by a murderous madman; and (2) plaintiffs could not prove causation because the standard reasonable measures normally used by restaurants to deter criminals, such as guards and closed-circuit television cameras, could not possibly have deterred the perpetrator, because he did not care about his own survival.[40]"

SidewaysTA

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2011
    CSTX
    Why would you say anything at all?

ok, i read it again. and copied and pasted it. no he didn't say say the sign was illegal (meaningless). the above sentence was what pissed me off. HOWEVER.......... i will admit that i took it to mean he said that to me, when in fact he MAY have meant... why say anything to the business. IF thats the case then YES i overracted. but i reserve the right to be a little suspicious of which one it was.

Yes, you misinterpreted and overreacted. That's exactly what TXI meant.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I found this interesting, quoted from Wikipedia....

"On July 25, 1987, the California Court of Appeal affirmed summary judgment for the defendants because (1) McDonald's or any other business has no duty of care to protect patrons from an unforeseeable assault by a murderous madman; and (2) plaintiffs could not prove causation because the standard reasonable measures normally used by restaurants to deter criminals, such as guards and closed-circuit television cameras, could not possibly have deterred the perpetrator, because he did not care about his own survival.[40]"

So the state of CA acknowledges all of their gun control laws don't work on homicidal/suicidal psychotics, but enforces them anyway.

SidewaysTA

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2011
    CSTX
    Yep, it happens to everyone. Sarge you are man enough to admit it and apologize. Got to respect that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom