Venture Surplus ad

San Antonio shooting range/place where you can bring your own junk to shoot?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slamjam

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2013
    San Antonio
    Does anyone know of a shooting range/place where you can bring your own junk to shoot up in the San Antonio area? I remember a place in California where you could bring plastic bottles, junk stuff, whatever, to shoot up but all of the places here in SA that I've contacted so far are just for targets.
    Capitol Armory ad

Ranger60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    There was one many many years ago, long closed. Never heard of another. You will probably have to find a friend that has land. The most obvious reason for not allowing it is that people won't clean up after themselves. Another reason is potential ricochets onto adjacent property.

mak91

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    You may be thinking of Lytle Creek near LA. I know someone who had a lot of fun shooting pumpkins and other stuff there years back...

Don't know of anything like that out here, though. Lone Star allow steel targets and that is as wild as it gets unless you are on private property.

mak91

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Might have been Burro Canyon, come to think of it. Was a damn good time tho-blowing shit up is a great time. Hope you find a place to do it here.

Slamjam

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2013
    San Antonio
    Thanks guys. Yeah that makes sense about having to clean up and stuff. @mak91, yeah I cant remember the name or even nearest city in Cali, might be gone now, who knows.

Ranger60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    When I said many years, it was in the 80s, guy had an ice house and an informal shooting range. You shot down into a small valley. Paid a few dollars for the day. What was really "different" was that you could buy a six pack in the ice house and as you drank your beer you could use the cans as targets. Not that I ever did, nor did anyone I was with. It was on Bandera Road just north of Helotes.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Texas is far more refined than California.

We don't shoot "junk."

Be well.
    I shoot a clerke 1st revolver... That's junk isn't it?

If anyone ever finds a place near San Antonio let me know.

I did used to frequent a place east of San Diego outside of a little town called jacumba (hu-com-bu). We were basically shooting a hill that was half in the US and half in Mexico. The boarder patrol let us because it was a good way to detour illegal crossers from the area. We could bring anything we want to shoot. The only problem was after you put it out and shot it you didn't want to walk back out and pick it up because there were other people shooting near you.....

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Diablo4151
    Top Bottom