• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Edit: Thread title is a typo; this is a Model 28!

Up for grabs is a good condition Smith and Wesson Model 28, chambered in the fightin' .357 Magnum.

Finish has the typical holster wear associated with these guns (it is a used police gun)- the front of the barrel and cylinder have noticeable wear. The bore is pristine and looks brand new. It truly has to be seen to be believed. Shot little and carried a lot.

The trigger has been lightened and is absolutely beautiful. It may have trouble with extremely cheap range ammo with hard primers like Blazer. Timing is excellent.

The gun itself is typical of old S&W revolvers- true works of art which set the standard for all revolvers. The gun may look a little rough on the outside but trust me- it has the speed of a hot rod with the robustness of a tank.

The gun is very heavy and, more importantly, heavy duty. It is truly and end-of-the-world weapon. Everyone who has shot this pistol makes the same strange, specific comment: "It feels like holding a tank in your hand." The weight makes shooting .38's feel almost like .22s, and getting back on target is as easy you could ask for. In my opinion it is the finest, most robust .357 self-defense revolver ever made.

Pics are shinier than normal due to the gun being stored with a thick coat of oil which I couldn't completely wipe away. Finish is actually matte black. The lettering looks a little rough due to oil being stuck in between the lettering; it is actually extremely smooth.

I have the original, matching grip somewhere; lost inside my mountain of gun junk. The gun is being sold as is with the promise that if I find it I will offer it to the buyer before anyone else at a ridiculously low price.

SAM_8544.jpg SAM_8545.jpg SAM_8548.jpg SAM_8550.jpg

For more history go here: Smith & Wesson Model 28 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Price is $400.

I hate to let this pistol go, but I have bills to pay and mouths to feed. Price is quite competitive for this town; I have seen these guns a few times in the same condition for $550-$700 (the local Action Pawn has one in the same shape for $560.)

If you are in the market for the last .357 you'll ever need then look no further.
    Guns International

Last edited:

Tx_Mark

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 26, 2014
    Beautiful revolver! Hope you get a quick Sale!

"Prepare yourself for the future,with what you've seen in the present"

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    If you have any plans of coming up through the Hillsboro or DFW area any time soon, I'll take it. (If it's not already gone)

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    Will take if ever visiting dfw as well Winchster will pick it up for me ;-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    I offered cash up front, pictures were enough for me. Second in line to someone who wants to look at it.

Alex

bullgator

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Houston TX
    Did not like the model 27 in title. However, it got my attention so PLEASE CLOSE this thread since it is sold. There too many open and sold items in "guns for sale" Congrats on the sale. Great price.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom