• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Had a blast at the last one but it was too long ago so just seeing if there's any interest on getting one together for the month of September, any input on this guys? Would you prefer a Saturday or Sunday (I normally get scheduled Saturday mornings but could see what I could do. If not enough interest on a group shoot I'm always interested in a regular trip to the range if a few more wanna join in. Feel free to offer up any suggestions on days, range preference, etc.

EDIT: Location has been decided as Bexar Community Range on Sunday September the 23rd @ 2pm

Address for the range is
    15391 Bexar Bowling
    Marion, TX 78124

This is their flyer with directions and number if anyone had questions on what they can and can't bring.

za5uzube.jpg

asenugyt.jpg

Members attending (or very likely):

TXDARKHORSE361 and Mrs.
    jcrntx
    pvtsnowball82
    kyletxria1911a1
    smtimelevi
    manlymatt
    M. Sage
    10mm and 45
    CplHudson
    Klacktor, Mrs., and friends
    Wolfwood
    itchin2shoot
    LS1Nut
    Orbie
    googie
    RandomHero
    Dcav and Mrs.
    xaceofspades999x
    FrEaK_aCcIdEnT
    johnpuga1982
    fuelfather, Mrs., and wee ones
    ChunkyMonkey
    will083031 and Mrs.
    bertizzie89
    Txmark and Mrs.
    Dawico and Mrs.
    TexasRedneck and Schoolmarm

DK Firearms

jcrntx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 21, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I'd be in for a group range day. Saturday or Sunday will work for me. I normally shoot at the bullethole but am open to going anywhere that works for the group.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Great, like I said Sunday would work best for me if enough people are ok with it because I'm usually off Sundays and Mondays. Is the Bullethole a good place for a decent sized group and how does everyone else feel about doing it there? Never been but always interested in trying out a new place. We had the last one at Dietz Gun Range in New Braunfels, I figure even if we have a small group interested and committed it will still be a fun day so looks like the count is up to 4 so far. Also would you guys wanna do a meet up for breakfast before or do lunch afterwards? An suggestions on that venue as well?

manlymatt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'd like to get in on this too if it works out -- Sunday morning is probably best for me, but I'm somewhat flexible. I usually have Friday afternoons off lately too.

I'm not thrilled with the Bullet Hole, but it's not out of the question -- Bandera Gun Club or Bexar Community are better IMHO

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Sorry fellas: Sunday is the Sabbath, which my Spouse insists I observe. It's church, lunch, and a nap.

Monday to Saturday usually works for me (unless it is a Gun Show Saturday).

I'm partial to any gun range that does not charge extra for more than one gun when it comes to "group" shoots.

My favorite range is Bracken, but then I usually only take one gun to shoot, and it is only Eight Bucks for all the time you wish.

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    Id be ok with bullet hole. I normally go there or Bracken. Bullet Hole would be much better than Bracken for a small group. I hear good things about Bexar community, but have never been. It may be more suitable. Depending on the range and a time I would be up for food afterwards.

10mm and 45

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 11, 2012
    San Antonio
    I'd like to join in on the fun. My vote is Bexar but it maybe too small if there is a large group. If we plan this ahead Bullet hole might reserve us a private stall or something similar.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Just got off work wouldn't you know when I open ny mouth they change my schedule a bit, still got this Sunday off but work Monday (time and a half for labor day so ain't complaining) got next Saturday off but not sure about Sunday as I only get my schedule one week at a time (goes Sunday through Saturday and get it the Thursday before). All that being said I don't think I can be the official coordinater for this just wanted to see if there was interest so we can do it where ever and whenever you guys want it.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    I'd like to get in on this too if it works out -- Sunday morning is probably best for me, but I'm somewhat flexible. I usually have Friday afternoons off lately too.

I'm not thrilled with the Bullet Hole, but it's not out of the question -- Bandera Gun Club or Bexar Community are better IMHO

Id be ok with bullet hole. I normally go there or Bracken. Bullet Hole would be much better than Bracken for a small group. I hear good things about Bexar community, but have never been. It may be more suitable. Depending on the range and a time I would be up for food afterwards.

With Bexar Community, I don't think there are any private bays; however, it's not usually very crowded.

I'd like to join in on the fun. My vote is Bexar but it maybe too small if there is a large group. If we plan this ahead Bullet hole might reserve us a private stall or something similar.

Vote for bexar for lunch mabye pot luck i will que others bring sides?
    I have shade and tables chairs ya on ya own

Looks like the venue is settled let's do it at Bexar Community Range (will update OP), got out there Sunday to shoot some skeet with M. Sage and I like the place.

Pricing is as follows for non-members:

Rifle and Pistol range use (rifle range is 25-200 yds) - $10.54/person

Trap and Skeet - 8.93/game/person

membership is like $60/year and drops the pricing down quite a bit.

Now that we have a venue let's decide a day and dining options, I like Sterling's idea of a pot luck but what do yall think? Since I'm probably heading to the coast the weekend of the 15th do yall wanna try and make it either Saturday the 22nd or Sunday the 23rd to give everyone about a two weeks heads up and to decide the rest of the details? My vote is for Sunday the 23rd (even though I won't be able to confirm if I can make it yet) but what do yall want to do, I'm all ears. Also thinking about putting up a poll for the day, thoughts?

Top Bottom