• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    Looking for an AR for my dad. He has a budget in mind so plz let me know what you have for sale.

I would enjoy building his so if you have a deal on upper, lower, etc, plz let me know.

Thanks! and have a good day!
    Capitol Armory ad

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    I'll have to look around after I get off work tonight and see if I've got any spare parts laying around but no upper, lower, or barrel or anything sorry. I agree building your own is the way to go, if you want a cheap handguard alternative this is the one I got for mine (mid-length for $69.99) though I think I got it a bit cheaper (year and a half ago with no rail covers) wanted something cheap to later upgrade but unless I ever decide to free-float the barrel there's no reason they are legit. Amazon.com: TufForce Quad Rail Hand Guard for Mid Length AR MT-4AR19M: Sports & Outdoors

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Take a peek at one of the local Academy stores.

They have some AR's cheaper than you could build one.

Plus, you get some sort of warranty.

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    Ty for the replies.

Texan, I replied to your pm.

I built my first AR for very little. A friend sold me a CMMG complete upper with barrel and Troy rail. I then mated it to a complete New Frontier polymer lower. All I needed was sights, mags, and ammo. Got those items at CTD and was good to go. I have spent more money on it getting all the Magpul goodies and traded for an EOTECH and cerakote job. I feel that I have a great first AR for much less than I would pay MSRP + tax.

Time to hook up my dad!

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    It all depends on what you want and how much time and effort you put into finding the best deals on the parts, I built both of mine from the ground up stripped lower and upper etc, first one -CQB 16" cost me around $2100 (optics included Eotech 557 with flip to side 3x magnifier) and the second just over $1000 (optics included Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40 with M223 scope mount) I originally had the wood furniture kit on it but had some issues with the handguards so bought went the black route, will eventually free float the barrel and looking into different stock option.

1st

IMAG1049.jpg

2nd with original furniture

IMAG0406.jpg

2nd as is now

IMAG1051.jpg

Let me know if you want some help putting it together or need to borrow some tools, I have all the AR building essentials (barrel wrench, vice block, etc).

LS1Nut

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    San Antonio
    Hey Orbie, shoot me a text and I can lend a hand if ya want.. I have some extra parts I can probably part with for pretty cheap and I can tell ya where to get the rest wayyyyyy below any Academy/Store prices.. 210-624-1590

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom