Join TexasGunTalk

Sanctuary Counties of Texas

Discussion in 'Gun Legislation' started by GMK, Dec 11, 2019.

1. GMK

GMK Member

Dec 27, 2018
    Corpus Christi
    In recent light of what has been happening in a few states, has anyone considered starting a movement in Texas to begin A2 Sanctuary Counties ?

We may want to plan ahead to stem the anti-A2 movement of Democratic run cities and states. What say you/?

2. roadapple

roadapple Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Claude, Texas
    I think a preemptive move like this can send the right message. I also think it is a shame that we even have to think along these lines, but we need to do everything we can in order to ensure that we keep our Rights as law abiding citizens.

Please, let me know if I can help?

cbp210 and satx78247 like this.
  3. dennisz

dennisz Active Member

I agree, I’ve already planted the seed in Bandera ounty, not sure how well it was heard, need to escalate at the next commissioners meeting. Do we have a list of the counties that have already established as 2A sanctuaries?

kbaxter60 and cbp210 like this.
  4. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    CharlieBonz, GMA8877, cbp210 and 8 others like this.
  5. GMK

GMK Member

Dec 27, 2018
    Corpus Christi
    I feel that offensive measures need to be taken to be taken to block any attempts to make Texas into what other states have or will become.

I was not born here, but moved here, from Illinois. Yup, no need to tell me what a Democratic run state is like. I am a Texan by choice! I wished to be in a place where my Constitutional rights are protected and cherished not ignored or trampled on! Where politicians, the elected servant's of the people, supposedly representing "we the People", not their political goals and wants. I have seen these "elected ". "Officials" becoming rich and powerful over years and years of "holding office". Enriching their pockets and the pockets of their family from the pockets of the citizens they are supposed to represent.

Can we of Texas start a movement to stem the tide?

6. gshayd

gshayd Ugliest house on the block.

Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    Cities and Counties here in Texas can't override the Texas law on firearm ownership and carry. Some local governments have tried to declare all government buildings off-limits to carry. The fine can get up to $10,000 a day. I have seen some youtube videos of cities reversing course when confronted.

satx78247 and toddnjoyce like this.
  7. BRD@66

BRD@66 TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Be careful, you may ruffle a few feathers, coming from IL (& CA) with ideas on how we ought to do things in TX.

8. karlac

karlac Gone fishin' ... TGT Supporter Lifetime Member

Aug 21, 2013
    WestU, TX
    Not a fan of the geographic "sanctuary" concept applied to a Constitutionally enumerated right.

If it makes you feel good, go ahead, but I would rather defend our 2A by vote first, and then if that doesn't work, as our framers did - force if necessary and as a last resort.

In the current political climate it's almost guaranteed to come down to the latter anyway ... heaven forbid you should venture from the "sanctuary".

Davetex, jordanmills and toddnjoyce like this.
  9. toddnjoyce

toddnjoyce TGT Addict

Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I say you should be actively participating in the state legislative process here in Texas. Despite this past session’s failure to deliver constitutional carry due to the active efforts of the Sepaker of the House, there was some ground made.

And, more importantly, due to the actions of the Speaker, that guy won’t be running again. And neither will his hand-picked crony that led Homeland Security and Public safety will most likely be in jail. In this off-session year, it’s imperative that we influence our state officials to support our efforts.

Please, actively engaging with your state rep and state senator to influence a more supportive environment towards the Second Amendment. You may feel like your barking up a tree, but two things come to mind: a squeaky wheel gets the grease; and you never get what you don’t ask for.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  10. TAZ

TAZ Well-Known

Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    They can’t over ride the laws, but they can ignore them. Won’t stop DPS from enforcing state laws when they are in town so to speak, but the county resources can just turn a blind eye to these laws. I don’t know how you can fine non-action. Well aside from the whole ObamaCare debacle.

Treetop, dogbone and jordanmills like this.