• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    So true...no idea of the inner workings of their marriage, but sometimes the bright lights and massive scrutiny and intense criticism takes its toll. They were kind of thrust out there from relative obscurity and the haters were relentless, even toward their kids.

JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    I like her. McCain was definitely not a good person to run alongside. She seemed to take at least some of the SNL skits in stride.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I"m actually sorry. She had her life ruined for supporting McCain. Mistake huge mistake.

Might I spin it thus differently?

I never found her ineptitude attractive.
    The ONLY reason we persist in the knowledge of her existence in 2019 was her partnership and association with the great honest and true patriot John McCain?

:)
    HKS

Last edited:

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I have to agree that Palin paid an awful price for daring to run for the White House. Her family went under a microscope, with reporters on them like starving wolves on a flock of sheep. She worked her way into the governor's office and by all accounts did a pretty good job. Her hunting and fishing made her the biggest Second Amendment supporter since Teddy Roosevelt. So amazing to see the party that claims to be the only one supporting women turn on her with some of the most vile hatred I've ever seen. (Well, at least until they started in attacking Trump, which I think sets new records for vile.) Divorce is never easy, but I hope that all of the family can find a peaceful place to live.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I think, IMHO, this has more to do with adjusting to the empty nest and not being able to reset your lives after 25 years of raising a family. It happens all the time. It shouldn't after what 35 years of marriage, but it does.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    That goes back to an old saying that I was told about women...
    Show me the hottest, most fine looking woman and I’ll show you a man that is tired of her shit.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    So amazing to see the party that claims to be the only one supporting women turn on her with some of the most vile hatred I've ever seen. (Well, at least until they started in attacking Trump, which I think sets new records for vile.)

You should hear the outright racism hurled toward non-white conservatives.

Diversity in skin color is what they really want.
    Not diversity of thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    McCain was nothing but a closet democrat.
    No.
    He was an old-school politician who did the right thing for the American people rather that mindlessly side with his party even when they are wrong.

He confidently said F-U-Trump when appropriate.
    We need a lot of real leaders like him on both sides of our political divisiveness.

His famous thumbs-down on the PPACA vote is a scintillating example.

Top Bottom