• diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    No.
    He was an old-school politician who did the right thing for the American people rather that mindlessly side with his party even when they are wrong.

He confidently said F-U-Trump when appropriate.
    We need a lot of real leaders like him on both sides of our political divisiveness.

His famous thumbs-down on the PPACA vote is a scintillating example.
    His infamous "thumbs-down" was the result of his own petulance and a desertion from the principles that he "supposedly" adhered to. He did it to spite DJT, rather because of some laudable reason.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Sarah got nice legs

Sara-Palin-sexy-photos.jpg

Attachments

• Sara-Palin-sexy-photos.jpg
      Sara-Palin-sexy-photos.jpg
      114.4 KB · Views: 335

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Johnny mac wasnt a conservative he was a career politician and a leading example of why we need term limits.

As someone who voted for him many times and against him in almost every primary I can tell you he was what happens without term limits. I had issues with how he treated/used Barry Goldwater, no worse than Barry's last wife but that's not saying much as it's a low bar one step above mental abuse imho. He lucked out in the Keating scandal in that he wasnt around long enough to get dirty enough to be taken down.

We went to the same church and he was a nice enough guy when he was there for the publicity but he seemed fake to me. I respect the hell out of what he endured for his country but, the butt hurt end of life scorched earth campaign he launched on Trump with that dossier was almost if not treasonous and I guarantee you he was part of the coup efforts of the swamp. If not a leader as he was deep in the establishment.

John McCain was flawed like all of us. That said I know I could never make the choices like he did. In the end, it's the end of his life and how he tried to destroy a duly elected president like some petulant child who felt cheated cause he lost his shot at president, that will dominate is story for me. At least untill history marinates and moderates the bitter parts.

The mans dead, he was a full fledged American hero once, till like so many others destroyed that image himself. I'm sure one day it will be different. Right now I judge him against the thoughts of what right did you have to try to change an election. I dont care who was elected, you got no right. Especially the way they did trump, who you all know I think is a buffoon even though I voted for him, and will again. When McCain read the dossier and saw the part about sex and golden showers in the bed that Obama slept in he should have slapped the person who gave it to him and tossed it in the trash like 99% of the people did in the early days cause it's just obviously made up sheit to see what sticks. Hell, Hillary wouldnt even openly use it and she was desperate. But no, he ran with it. A gullible tool of the never Trumpers or a leader? You can decide that yourself, either way it doesnt look good.

So Johnny Mac, what have you done for your country lately? Besides ars reaming it? Not much except for devolving into a Neocon.

So yah, it's hard to see all the way back to war hero. For now.

Last edited:

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    No.
    He was an old-school politician who did the right thing for the American people rather that mindlessly side with his party even when they are wrong.

McCain was a shit-stain that only cared about his own self-promotion. If he actually cared about the American people, he would not have flip-flopped on repealing ObamaCare. He only voted against it because of his petty feud with DJT.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Yeah, she kicked Dakota Meyers to the curb.
    I’m sure both of them are crazy.

I was at an event where they hosted Dakota and a bunch of us from the local base. After lunch it was just us and him shooting the breeze for an hour. What an arrogant prick. We were all Marines, but man, he talked with us like we didn’t rate to tie his boots.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    No.

He confidently said F-U-Trump when appropriate.
    We need a lot of real leaders like him on both sides of our political divisiveness.

His famous thumbs-down on the PPACA vote is a scintillating example.

Not surprised at this post at all.

Liberals loved him.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Mitt Romney's gotta be fighting an almost uncontrollable urge you go on a I told you so tour.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    I know one of them who thinks she said, "I can see Russia from my house."
    And that, there, is one huge problem in our country today. That line came from an SNL skit (IIRC). Yeah, it was kinda funny, but kids of that generation get their "news" from lame shows like that. One of my own daughters also thought she said that and I had a rough time convincing her otherwise. It's going to be tough going in our old age, I can tell you.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Anbu9
    Top Bottom