• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    As one that has several Phd.'s in sarcasm I gotta say some of y'all are attacking the person that post something you don't agree with, then throw up your hands and say "Wellll... I was just being sarcastic! Guess it went over your head!" No, you're being rude and attacking people because of their opinion or position, which differs from yours, on a matter instead of attacking the position. You use derogatory words and phrases meant to tear down and belittle. Again, in the name of sarcasm. Sarcasm done properly doesn't need to be explained folks get it. "Hillary and her "BEAUTIFUL" daughter Chelsea will be in town to night" That's sarcasm - I don't need to explain it - well maybe to Hillary I would - and Bill....

If "you're" is in the sentence and it's derogatory it's an insult - not sarcasm. If you know the person really well you can get by with having "you're" in a sarcastic statement but on this particular site it's readily apparent there's few relationships like that in this bunch of folks.

I haven't run across an stupid, childish, idiot on these pages yet. I have, on the other hand, run across some that me n' thee probably won't agree on much, but that cool. I can't help it if "thee" doesn't have the intelligence or common sense of a week old peanut butter n' jelly sandwich!

If you're guilt of the previous comments - you know. Sad part is most of on here know as well. I'm not impressed by the attacks and I can tell several others aren't either. You're not coming across is witty, suave nor intelligent. You're coming across as mean spirited with a short temper and little use for other peoples opinions. Some of y'all would benefit from writing a reply, reading it, then deleting it - greatly.
    Venture Surplus ad

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    120032478_1365345030476746_3484993138325846199_o.png

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    My sarcasm, is very understated.

Personally, I think some people need to grow a sense of humor, and quit taking everything so serious and literal all the time.

If we have to announce when it's sarcasm, isn't that almost like trying to be politically correct, just so we don't end up hurting or offending someone?

If that is what direction people want to go, fine, y'all can enjoy it without my participation.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Alrighty then.... It seems we have a consensus.... Bear with my while I take my Phd.'s n' shove'em up my ass! :roflsmile: :roflsmile: :roflsmile:

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    I think there's a few here who just like to try and rattle someone's cage. Sometimes referred to as 'trolling'. They typically have very little of anything substantive to add to the conversation. I find those folks are easily ignored.

What I have found to be true, is a wide variance in writing skills, abilities and techniques. The written word can be an exceedingly difficult medium in which to convey irony or sarcasm. Without the person-to-person interface and lacking such things as facial expressions, hand gesturing, body posturing, etc. - higher level intimations such as irony and sarcasm can be (and frequently, is) lost in the communication.

That's one reason emojis or emoticons came into existence on the internet. Even before todays improved graphics, there were the straight type-written characters used to convey underlying jests. I disagree if sarcasm has to be explained then it's been lost. Perhaps your writing style doesn't lend itself to having your sense irony or sarcasm readily conveyed. Even the readers' state of mind (at the moment) can interfere with understanding the irony or sarcasm that was meant.

And last but not least, anyone who has participated in forum discussions know you've ultimately got to have some pretty 'thick skin' to keep everything in perspective. Elephant skin helps!

Last edited:

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Alrighty then.... It seems we have a consensus.... Bear with my while I take my Phd.'s n' shove'em up my ass! :roflsmile: :roflsmile: :roflsmile:

I hope you have an interest (stock) in the manufacturer of KY, you should make yourself very wealthy!

edit - Damn emoji's did not show up! meant to ROFLMAO nothing works right!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom