• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jcb7469

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So would i be better of getting the frame from SARCO and the internals from brownells,midway? What tools should i need? I ordered the punch set from Brownells, im sure i need files what kind of files does anyone suggest? do i need a sear jig or can i buy the trigger kits and have them work?

350xfire

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 24, 2013
    I think their frames are Rock Island. I have been wanting to build a 1911 but have read about all kinds of filing and fitting that has to be done.

Andy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    So would i be better of getting the frame from SARCO and the internals from brownells,midway? What tools should i need? I ordered the punch set from Brownells, im sure i need files what kind of files does anyone suggest? do i need a sear jig or can i buy the trigger kits and have them work?
    If you have to ask, you have a lot of reading to do. I'd strongly suggest getting - at the very least - a copy of Jerry Kuhnhausen's "Colt 45 Automatic" Vol 1.

Building a 1911 is about truly understanding how the parts work and how they interrelate. There's a lot of fitting to do - it's not an Ikea bed you can just snap together.

As for the Sarco 1911 kit - run away. Actually, they might be useful to butcher and develop your skills upon...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom