• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    From the other thread it was announced that satx78247 had passed away. I know he could be irritating to some here ( and he was to me at first) but after talking to him via pm then meeting him in person my opinion changed.
    He had a VERY interesting life and his presence will be missed by more than a few here.
    I would like to send him off by getting as many folks here as possible to “like” his last post.
    Godspeed Tex.
    Target Sports

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    From the other thread it was announced that satx78247 had passed away. I know he could be irritating to some here ( and he was to me at first) but after talking to him via pm then meeting him in person my opinion changed.
    He had a VERY interesting life and his presence will be missed by more than a few here.
    I would like to send him off by getting as many folks here as possible to “like” his last post.
    Godspeed Tex.

You must read my mind. I literally had gone to look and see what his last post was.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I didn't hear this.
    Is it how he died?

No. He mentioned the story a time or two. I *think* it had something to do with the shop it was in burned with the MB in it.

I could be wrong.

ETA @ZX9RCAM it is this thread from 2019 that has the story in it. Post 7.

CyberWolf

Aug 22, 2018
    US
    Godspeed Tex.

Excellent comment - this not only needed to be said, but there is a perspective here which we should all be willing and able to recognize...

I'll admit that I found some of his communication-related idiosyncrasies to be...interesting; However - reading between the lines afforded some level of insight, and a sense of his journey, perseverance and character. Never spoke directly or met in person, but I believe I may have understood him on some level and decided early on not to bust his chops on any of that.

One of the very first things that popped into my mind when reading the other thread earlier was the song linked below, which I believe particularly applicable in this case (found a version with lyrics in description):

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    No. He mentioned the story a time or two. I *think* it had something to do with the shop it was in burned with the MB in it.

I could be wrong.

ETA @ZX9RCAM it is this thread from 2019 that has the story in it. Post 7.

Todd….Was Sax a Vet??

Top Bottom