• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    Selling my old Savage 10 chambered in .223 Rem. Came with a Simmons 3-9x40 scope, very basic. Rifle has a checkered grip wood stock, free floated barrel, and about a 1.5lb trigger pull with accutrigger. Rather lightweight; I used it as a coyote rifle in NM. Minimal wear and great blueing, smooth action. Best I can tell from Savage forums, it'll fire 5.56, but it in't recommended due to pressures, and its not chambered in it; never tried. 22" barrel, lightweight barrel. I was capable of hitting a torso target at 400 yards effortlessly.

Comes with the stock bullet carrier (uncle Mikes) and camo sling. I'm Located in McKinney. Willing to travel a short distance. I'm asking $475 obo. Trades I'm interested in (plus cash on my end) would be a full size revolver, 1911s, Mossberg 930, AK variants, or silver bars/rounds. Or whatever let me know what you've got.

All standard forum rules and local laws apply. Thanks!
    Military Camp

Attachments

• IMG_0052.JPG
      IMG_0052.JPG
      1.4 MB · Views: 393
    • IMG_0051.JPG
      IMG_0051.JPG
      722.9 KB · Views: 360
    • IMG_0050.JPG
      IMG_0050.JPG
      772.3 KB · Views: 445
    Last edited:

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    I don't mean to bump but its past the 24-hour mark. I can't seem to edit my original post either. I tried looking for a similar rifle on gunbroker for a price, but I just couldn't find one. I'm not firm on the listed price and the worst I can say is 'no' to an offer (cash or trade).

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    Its been a while since I looked it up, but I think its 1in9. I have some vague memory of it basically being designed around the standard 55gr bullet, but working well for varmint bullet weights of 42gr. Does well shooting budget .223 ammo out to 400 yards to a torso target standing. I'd be happy to bring it to a range near McKinney if you'd like to shoot before buying.

The gun was purchased around 2010 I believe, and its a GXP3 package which was Savage's way of including the Simmons scope and accutrigger.

I also used this link to help verify the twist rate.
    http://www.savageshooters.com/content.php?305-Savage-223-Remington-Twist-Rate-History

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Diablo4151
    Top Bottom