• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txgolfer45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    Dallas
    These appear to be the closest to what I'm loooking for. I want a HB 308 that I can use on the range for precision shooting and in the field for hunting deer and hogs. I've handled the Rem 700 SPS Tactical and it weighs more than the 700P LTR.

Both have fluted 20 inch barrels and are free floated with good stocks. No need to immediately change out the stocks like on the SPS Tactical or the 10FP. The Remington weighs about 1/2 lb more than the Savage. The 700P LTR is about $150 more than the 10 PC. Anyone own one or both of these? Recommendations?
    Lynx Defense

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I'd say go for the Savage also. I love mine. I don't have any experience with the Remington, but the Savage is a dream, and the Accutrigger is amazing.

txgolfer45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    Dallas
    I picked up the Savage 10PC yesterday. It looks great. Still waiting on my scope. I ordered a Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50 FFP scope to go on it. Rings and base are in transit.

sean_bart1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Greenville TX
    Me and another fellow TGTer is in the process of setting up a range at my place. It's nothing fancy but it will have a 1000 yards. We are wanting to set up a "out of the box showdown". He shoots a Savage 10FP I think. You should get in on it.

txgolfer45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    Dallas
    Me and another fellow TGTer is in the process of setting up a range at my place. It's nothing fancy but it will have a 1000 yards. We are wanting to set up a "out of the box showdown". He shoots a Savage 10FP I think. You should get in on it.
    Once I get it all set up and dialed in, that would be fun. My scope is on backorder right now.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I've had the Savage 10FP in .308 and the Rem 700VLS in .223. I like the pillar bedding in the Savage and I understand the Acutrigger is great! Mine didn't have the Acutrigger but it was very accurate.

The Remington will come with an 8 pound trigger pull. Strange, true and totally sucky. The stock has a pressure lump beneath the barrel which the barrel rests on. It is not fully floated. Some guys grind that lump out and find the rifle won't shoot worth a flip without it.

Favorite rifle? Remington
    Best all around value right out of the box? Savage.

Top Bottom