• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Well, I finally got my scope mounted and decided I should get my butt over to a range to sight it in. I got a few different types of ammunition and some other stuff to take out there. Aside from the guy next to me shooting a belted Weatherby mag rapidly , it was a pleasant experience. I won't type up a whole lot because the pictures pretty much speak for themselves.

First group of the day, first shots through the rifle with the scope not adjusted. (.344 - .224 = .120)
    img1686dv.jpg

I put these dots on the paper after a while. Various groups at 50 yards with the rifle almost sighted in. There were a few fliers that were my fault, but my rest setup was terrible. That's something I'll need to work on before I really start shooting this thing a lot.
    img1687v.jpg

Final round I put through the target today. That was with the Wolf/SK Target Match at 50 yards.
    img1688rd.jpg

Now for the finale, this really surprised me as well. Wolf/SK Target Match at 50 yards, 5 shot group. (.493 - .224 = .269)
    img1685h.jpg

So there's my range report, these are pretty awesome groups but I'm not close to testing out all the ammunition available. These were $4 per 50 boxes of ammunition at the most, there are plenty of higher lines of SK, some Eley and other brands that I haven't tried yet. For a $550 rifle with $150 worth of scope and rings, I'm more than pleased.
    ARJ Defense ad

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I have heard those guns shoot extremely well. Looks like you did a pretty good job behind the trigger also.

What is the scope?

What is up with the flyers? Recoil flinch? Naw, just messing with ya. Practice, practice, practice and they will be gone.

Looks good.

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I've got a Bushnell 6-24x40 on there.

img1677e.jpg

img1681jw.jpg

It's hard work making groups like that, I've got some practicing ahead of me for sure. I enjoyed it and was happy to see some of the potential of this rifle.

Top Bottom