• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ruger74

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Splendora,Texas
    I just purchased this rifle in 30-06. Mine is a Edge but now the name has been changed to the Axis. Savage says the Edge name is taken from another manufacturer. $259.00 dollars I could not pass it up. I'm going to put my Tasco Pronghorn on it to try it out. Does anybody else have this rifle and what do you think for the price?
    Hurley's Gold

Attachments

• edge.jpg
      edge.jpg
      41.5 KB · Views: 112

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I have an Edge XP (with the scope) in .308 that I got from Bud's when they were nowhere to be found. $300 delivered, I couldn't beat it! I've put a few rounds through it but that's been about it, I really like it and think they are a helluva deal!

I had not heard about the name change, does that mean the value of mine has gone up?!?

I do not like the name "Axis," sounds like the bad guys from WWII or George W. Bush's "Axis of Evil!"

Cheers! M2

Ruger74

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Splendora,Texas
    When I came home with mine I checked out savage's website and there was no Edge. I did see a the Axis that looked just the Edge and I called Savage and they gave me the scoop. Cool maybe mine and yours and anybody else who owns a Edge will go up in value

sc020643

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    pearland
    i'm interested in the responses also. i've had my eye on this one gun for a couple of months. i've, also, read that it won the best entry level gun for 2010.

Chickenwing

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Central Texas
    I bought the Edge from wally world back for around $260, stuck a $100 scope, and a $40 dollar bi-pod on it and it yields groups like this:

308 grouping 2.jpg 308 grouping.jpg 001.jpg

at 100 yrds on a regular basis. I found that mine likes Hornady TAP 110 match. YMMV. Great gun I love it so far.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    When I came home with mine I checked out savage's website and there was no Edge. I did see a the Axis that looked just the Edge and I called Savage and they gave me the scoop. Cool maybe mine and yours and anybody else who owns a Edge will go up in value

I doubt it. I have a model 111fcn something.. with accu trigger and detachable mag thats 2 years old. I paid $315 on a close out special. Now they all have accu stocks. Mine retails less than one with it. It seems Savage changes their models a lot.

Top Bottom