Savage Impulse

Cityboy

Jan 20, 2021
Fredericksburg, TX
Anybody seen or handled one of the new Savage Impulse straight-pull bolt action rifles yet? Or, are they available yet?

I'm new to Texas Gun Talk, but I've been hunting and shooting (more of the latter than the former) for more than 60 years, but I'm still learning. Hope to learn a lot more from the folks here.

Cityboy

ST5MF

Nov 27, 2008
Anybody seen or handled one of the new Savage Impulse straight-pull bolt action rifles yet? Or, are they available yet?

I'm new to Texas Gun Talk, but I've been hunting and shooting (more of the latter than the former) for more than 60 years, but I'm still learning. Hope to learn a lot more from the folks here.

Cityboy
The “Impulse” is supposed to drop this March. I want to like this rifle; but the aluminum receiver just killed it for me.

ST5MF

Nov 27, 2008
Why? Because if I’m going to shoot high pressure magnum cartridges it will be out of a steel receiver, and as others have added..a proven design. Being a beta tester for the Savage Impulse isn’t on my to do list. Mine is just an opinion, please feel free to explore the Savage Impulse.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Drockton Bullion
Drockton Bullion

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads