Savage Impulse

Younggun

Ginger Avenger
TGT Supporter
Admin
Jul 31, 2011
hill co.
Younggun,

Does this mean the bearings lock into an extension of the barrel, which is steel, i.e., they do not lock into the aluminum receiver? If that's true, and the bearings are steel, I don't see how the receiver being made of aluminum would make any difference. Or did you mean that all of the pressure is held by the chamber and barrel, both of which are made of steel?

Cityboy
Correct. Basically the same system as every other bolt action rifle on the market. The only difference is that instead of lugs rotating in to a locking position it uses a centered pin to force ball bearings outward in to a groove locking the bolt in place. The bolt face still has to deal with pressure and will be pushed back as hard as the bullet is being pushed forward, but the bolt is locked in to steel, no aluminum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cityboy

Jan 20, 2021
Fredericksburg, TX
Correct. Basically the same system as every other bolt action rifle on the market. The only difference is that instead of lugs rotating in to a locking position it uses a centered pin to force ball bearings outward in to a groove locking the bolt in place. The bolt face still has to deal with pressure and will be pushed back as hard as the bullet is being pushed forward, but the bolt is locked in to steel, no aluminum.

Sent from my iPhone using ,

Younggun,

I think I understand, but what I meant to say (but probably didn't) was: are the bearings in the far forward part of the bolt and lock into the barrel extension, therefore having the steel bearings and steel bolt locked into the steel barrel extension? That must be the case, because I can't imagine having the bearings in the part of the bolt rearward of the barrel extension and locked into the aluminum receiver.

Cityboy

Younggun

Ginger Avenger
TGT Supporter
Admin
Jul 31, 2011
hill co.
Yes, steel bearings lock in to steel barrel extension. They simply take the place of standard lugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Drockton Bullion
Drockton Bullion
Shroud

Forum statistics