• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cityboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Fredericksburg, TX
    Correct. Basically the same system as every other bolt action rifle on the market. The only difference is that instead of lugs rotating in to a locking position it uses a centered pin to force ball bearings outward in to a groove locking the bolt in place. The bolt face still has to deal with pressure and will be pushed back as hard as the bullet is being pushed forward, but the bolt is locked in to steel, no aluminum.

Sent from my iPhone using ,

Younggun,

I think I understand, but what I meant to say (but probably didn't) was: are the bearings in the far forward part of the bolt and lock into the barrel extension, therefore having the steel bearings and steel bolt locked into the steel barrel extension? That must be the case, because I can't imagine having the bearings in the part of the bolt rearward of the barrel extension and locked into the aluminum receiver.

Cityboy
    Guns International

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Yes, steel bearings lock in to steel barrel extension. They simply take the place of standard lugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    And again your panties are in a bunch to the point you result to personal insults. Get over yourself dude.

You started the prodding early on and are now playing the victim.

I recommend toning it down, a lot.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Had two calls today asking if I could order them one.............

Um, no........pre-order? Um....no.......everytime a new gadget/gun is in a magazine......folks assume it's readily available.........

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Had two calls today asking if I could order them one.............

Um, no........pre-order? Um....no.......everytime a new gadget/gun is in a magazine......folks assume it's readily available.........

Back in 2011, when Marlin first offered the X7 series of rifles in a 26" heavy varmint barrel, I had my gun store order me one, right after I had read about them on Marlin's website. Took five months for the rifle to get there!

ST5MF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    You started the prodding early on and are now playing the victim.

I recommend toning it down, a lot.

I prodded no one. I stated a personal opinion and was personally attacked for it. What is this? The DNC?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I prodded no one. I stated a personal opinion and was personally attacked for it. What is this? The DNC?

You were as passive aggressive as anyone else, just as you are being now with your DNC comment.

We tend to believe to a reasonable degree that turnabout is fair play. But that only extends so far as both parties agree to cool it when the time comes and one party doesn’t pretend to be innocent when they knowingly poked at the edge of attack and pretends to be an innocent victim later.

It also doesn’t apply why someone starts dragging their issues in to other threads and attempting to stir up new arguments there, which you have done.

Top Bottom