• ...and so much more!
  • jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Bought the Savage Precision .22l Sat. and took it out on Sunday. It comes with a heavy threaded barrel, Boyds AT1 stock, accutrigger, a heavier, larger bolt handle and a 5 round magazine. The standatd 10 round MKii mags do fit it, which is nice since I had 5 of them anyway. Also comes with a no name 3-9x scope with duplex reticle already mounted.
    First thing I did is replace the scope with a Simmons .22 mag target scope. The original one had the crosshairs off level anyway.
    The bolt locks up nice and tight and after liberally oiling it for break in was nice and smooth. Better than the standard. The accutrigger was already set pretty light so I did not adjust it yet. It is also nice and smooth. Almost no creep and the break is nice and sharp.
    I added a Caldwell rail adapter to the sling swivel for a bipod and used a rear bag.
    I like the AT1 stock. Push button adjustable comb and butt plate, approximately 1/8th inch adjustments. After getting them adjusted for me, it feels really good. And the barrel is free floated.
    Zeroed the rifle at 50 yards. The wind was just right to be swirling pretty bad at 100 yards so shots were all over a 7 inch target.
    It is an accurate little rifle. Not a national match, but better than a plinker. No doubt it would benefit from better glass, I have one on the way.
    Tried Winchester M22, CCI mini mags and CCI mini mag HPs. The best groups were from the M22 and HPs. Both did good at 50 yds. No failure to feed or misfires. The bolt locked up tight but not so tight a kid would have problems with it. Ergonomics felt a little funny just holding it but after a couple mags I got to really like the way it shot. Nice weight to control it on a bench but not so heavy you could not take it to the field hunting either. The push buttons to adjust the stock were a little hard but they do work just fine.
    I was more than satisfied with what I got for $400. To build the same thing would cost quite a bit more. I would have preferred a different olor but it was all they have at Walmart.
    The rifle.
    The 3 at 3and 12 o'clock were sightin with CCI HPs, the group was after final adjustment.
    The upper right group was sight in, the other was 10 rounds after adjustment.
    The last 2 are from my youngest and oldest boys.
    All targets were at 50 yards.

There ya go Moonpie. Now stop your damn whinnin.
    27c54cb3601a9f95886ff271f857a02b.jpg
    ac5e9bedd2079650fc0accc78b06a721.jpg
    83128ac2882cbc824b45b5237854a5a5.jpg
    83a323e3d2c1df8c8f4e0057fefeaaf2.jpg
    2316c94a113c2dfb6dd75db2748b4f9e.jpg

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    DK Firearms

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I bet you could really shrink those groups with some standard velocity ammo. Cci blazer 22(40gr) is exceptionally accurate for it's price point. Cci sv and even better, wolf mt or me all run great in my 22s.

Hv 22 ammo has never impressed group wise but do run the semi auto plinkers well.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Once the new scope gets here I will get it back to the range with a better assortment of ammo.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    MKii synthetic? What scope?
    I also have an A22 and A17 on Boyds stocks. They are a lot of fun to shoot and dead accurate past 100 yards. I just tend to shoot a lot of ammo through them. Figured the bolt action would slow me down a lot.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    My MKII FVSR is mostly the same and is also very accurate. I put in an Apachee trigger kit and had the action smoothed by a professional gunsmith. Butter smooth, very accurate and with a silencer also very, very quiet. Just a hammer fall.

mNg6aQuh.jpg

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom