• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Got my Savage Precision 6.5 Creedmoor to the range yesterday. Wow! With a couple different weights of Hornady match ammo, I was able to shoot one 5 shot group at just over .5 MOA, and another just under. The first 3 shots with the Hornady 147 grain ELD Match were literally through the same hole! I haven’t had the opportunity to get much trigger time with any of my rifles, and since I only recently found ammo for this one, I’ve been working a lot on getting my breathing right, and doing dry fire practice at home. I also adjusted the trigger down to about 2.5lbs, and put a scope level on my scope. After I got home from the range yesterday, I immediately ordered scope levels to put on all my hunting rifles!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ARJ Defense ad

TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    Got my Savage Precision 6.5 Creedmoor to the range yesterday. Wow! With a couple different weights of Hornady match ammo, I was able to shoot one 5 shot group at just over .5 MOA, and another just under. The first 3 shots with the Hornady 147 grain ELD Match were literally through the same hole! I haven’t had the opportunity to get much trigger time with any of my rifles, and since I only recently found ammo for this one, I’ve been working a lot on getting my breathing right, and doing dry fire practice at home. I also adjusted the trigger down to about 2.5lbs, and put a scope level on my scope. After I got home from the range yesterday, I immediately ordered scope levels to put on all my hunting rifles!

Love my 300wm and 338lm also SAVAGE!

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Hard to beat for the money.

Oh.... no pics??? :spank:

Hers a pic of the rifle. Savage Axis II Precision in 6.5 Creedmoor. Vortex Diamondback tactical 6-24X50 scope in an Aero Precision ultralight scope mount. Put a Mechforce muzzle brake on it also. The bipod is a UTG. I have a Harris also, but really like how this one looks on the rifle.
    ec87f05c4182b216a9d534b14fc7dbc0.jpg

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I did a ladder test on some 6.5 ammo recently and shot a .448 group. Loaded up 50 of those last weekend.

Those Savage rifles are crazy accurate. I shot a group using factory ammo out of a Axis XP with a cheap Weaver scope that came on it that was around 3/4" Pretty amazing considering I paid $305 out the door for it.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hers a pic of the rifle. Savage Axis II Precision in 6.5 Creedmoor. Vortex Diamondback tactical 6-24X50 scope in an Aero Precision ultralight scope mount. Put a Mechforce muzzle brake on it also. The bipod is a UTG. I have a Harris also, but really like how this one looks on the rifle.
    ec87f05c4182b216a9d534b14fc7dbc0.jpg

Damn good setup for the $$$$

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Awesome looking rifle @CodyK!

I can remember several years ago, some so-called rifle experts saying a rifle using a barrel nut system could never be as accurate as a traditional shouldered barrel to a receiver system of barrel mounting. Hog wash!

I have shot several of @Txhillbilly Savage rifles over the years and seen more that a few of his targets and the groups to now know that to be a myth. All of my Marlin X7 series of rifles utilize a barrel nut system, and are quite accurate if I do my part in shooting them.

Waldotallboy64

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2020
    Lubbock

Where did you get the scope levels from?

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Do those chassis rifles kick harder than traditional stocks ? They seem really practical for distance shooting but I've never gone down that rabbit hole. I'm also not drawn to detachable magazines. I could see the appeal for both given a good place to shoot them.

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    Do those chassis rifles kick harder than traditional stocks ? They seem really practical for distance shooting but I've never gone down that rabbit hole. I'm also not drawn to detachable magazines. I could see the appeal for both given a good place to shoot them.

The recoil impulse is the same, but using a chassis or stock with an adjustable recoil pad allows the shooter to adjust the stock where the recoil of the gun is straight back into the shooter, instead of a traditional style rifle stock that acts like a fulcrum and allows the muzzle end of the barrel to rise when the rifle is fired.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Newer muzzle brakes are more "recoil taming" than I thought possible.
    My Creedmoor with a brake kicks less than my bolt .223 without.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    The recoil impulse is the same, but using a chassis or stock with an adjustable recoil pad allows the shooter to adjust the stock where the recoil of the gun is straight back into the shooter, instead of a traditional style rifle stock that acts like a fulcrum and allows the muzzle end of the barrel to rise when the rifle is fired.
    Very true.

Fitment adjustments/ good ergonomics help greatly.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Newer muzzle brakes are more "recoil taming" than I thought possible.
    My Creedmoor with a brake kicks less than my bolt .223 without.

The VG6 Episilon muzzle break that Ground Zero Precision put on my 6.5CM AR is fantastic. I was shocked at how little recoil that gun has.

Top Bottom